Gulgong Cod?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Every Body
This is a bottle which comes from my local area. It comes from Gulgong, NSW, Aust. Gulgong once was the town on the ten dollar note. I have a few bottles from smaller towns and I am finding it difficult to find any information on them. I am open to suggestions on how to research such bottles.
Thanks Heaps Kim

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Kim,
Can you post a photo of your Codd in this thred ? I have seen a few Codd's from Gulgong but can't remember anything about them [&:] .
Do you have any other Codd's in that collection ? .

Kim

Reaction score
Here it is
Kim

Nk27997.jpg

Attachments

• Nk27997.jpg
    Nk27997.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 84

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Kim I don't no about Australia, but I have found books on bottles in our local libraey or perhaps a history center. Anyway think your Librian would steer you in the right direction,

Mark Potten

Reaction score
HI Kim
Just take a look at my website - there's everything you ever wanted to know about Hiram Codd and his famous Globe Stoppered Bottles there -
www.mpotten.freeserve.co.uk
Regards
Mark

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
Marks site is great. Thanks heaps. I have posted a few pics of some more cods (well at least I think they are Cods)
Kim

Fd91068.jpg

Maine Digger

Reaction score
That pretty tall middle one is definately a cod, the others are hard to tell, at least for me. Does the one on the far left of your picture have internal screw in the neck? It alsmost looks like it.

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Mainedigger
None of them have internal thread. Thre is only one internal thread in the collection and I think it is a cordial bottle but it is not pictured here. I will post a pic.
Thanks Kim

Da83421.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
Middle one is a Codd the others are Lamont patents, in most of central N.S.W. Lamont's are as common as Codd's but as always the value vary's from a dollar or so up to hundreds for Aqua one's depending on the company name.
Ps if you think Mark's web site is good you should see his C.D, it's the best patent reference I've seen [;)] .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology