Had It Awhile: Fake Asafetida?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Bad news for me, I guess; but thanks, Eric. :) The bottom has a 4 and what looks like a suction scar over the sunken-in base piece. I'm still not sure why they didn't use real product. LOL.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
They didn't use real product because it wasn't advertising Asafetida, it was advertising Surbex-T. It was a little display thing given out to doctors in the hopes that they would put it on their windowsill because it was interesting and in the process advertise Surbex-T, which had nothing to do with Asafetida. What I don't understand is why they would artificially odorize it. It seems like it ought to have stayed in the display bubble so there would be no need for anyone to be smelling the stuff. Even though it isn't that old, it's still a pretty interesting advertising thing. This is a rare example of a fantasy bottle that I would pick up if I found it for cheap just because of how odd it is.

sunrunner

Reaction score
it's all crazy , all I know about the crap is that it's a substitute for garlic in Indian food.

2find4me

Reaction score
Wow I had no idea it could have been newer than the 1940's. The label looked pre-1930's all day to me, a good fake if it was even meant to be one. Who would want that stuff anyway.HERE is the same one as yours, for sale.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973