Had to share!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi yall. I just had to share my good fortune with people who don't think I'm an idiot for digging holes in the ground! My buddy and I went out today with high hopes after being skunked the last couple of times. Well ... my buddy (The Pit Finder) (as he dubs himself) did it!! We pulled 97 unbroken bottles from a hole we dug 8 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 4 feet deep ( and we aint hit the bottom yet!) I will be posting more pics later as I clean them up but I just couldn't wait to post this one. Everyone of these are USA Hosp Dept bottles. Happy hunting! Kelley

Wt58971.jpg

Attachments

• Wt58971.jpg
    Wt58971.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 130

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Kelley, you said something about sharing these...right. Well, you're going to need my address to ship some to me then. I'll share with others, if you mail a bunch of them to me. [:D][:D][:D]

Great haul and search every inch of that site.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
It gets better Meech! I found 2 more of the Hosp Dept bottles I didn't even know we had in one of the boxes. They are the less valuable clear ones but hey.... me and Pitfinder were digging them out so fast we still don't know everything we got! Check out what Woody told me about a jar that was in the same pit. (posted in Jars) This is by far the best find I've come across. Happy digging ( I know I am). Kelley

P.S. Subject title was a bad choice of words. HEE HEE

David E Dearden

Reaction score
I had to share also 1964 Military Police at Madigan Hospital, found a human hand in hospital dump, turned out they should have incenerated it. Still would bother me to be in one of those dumps.

pitfinder

Reaction score
From Gunsmoke 47's posts one would think he was out there all by his lonesome digging. Well, we went back day before yesterday and found more good finds. But after we re-dug the pit and an hour's worth of pulling out bottles, I cut my finger big time. Through the gloves and my finger, the shard got me. I crawled out of the hole and began looking for a bandage, located one, tried to stop the bleeding but to no avail. Gunsmoke kept digging and said "You want me to take you to the hospital?" And again, he kept digging. I couldn't get the bleeding stopped and finally Gunsmoke crawled out of the hole and compasionately said "Hey, you're bleeding all over the bottles." I loaded up, left Gunsmoke in the hole, and headed for the nearest hospital for stitches, tetanus, anti-biotics, a corndog, and back to the pit I go. A friend had shown up, and he and Gunsmoke were still digging. Gunsmoke, without missing a beat and without looking up, said "You okay?" The point of this is dual: one, be careful, two, get a good buddy to dig with!!!!!!!!!! What a pit!!!!!!!! Pitfinder.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Yeah David I can see how a human hand might put a damper on the dig. We found a lot of bones, but fortunately they were all turkey and buffalo. Nothing short of human remains (or maybe someone cutting himself and having to get stitches) was going to dampen our festive mood. As old 9 digit so aptly put it in the previous post... What A Pit!!! [:D]
Kelley

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday