Half a bottle from W.Va

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Holindaze

Reaction score
I just started collecting bottles when my family started digging a foundation for a house extension. Even so, I tossed away all the broken bottles and fragments except those that were unique or interesting. One is a half of a bottle from Williamson W. Va. that has a circle with a capital M at where the 12, 3, 6, and 9 would appear on a clock and a capital F in the middle. The bottom also has a letter M. I am thinking it has something to do with the Masons. Any ideas?

glass man

Reaction score
HARD TO SAY.I ONCE TOSSED HALF A STRAIGHT SIDED COKE AND LATER FOUND OUT NOBODY HAD EVER HEARD OF A STRAIGHT SIDED COKE FROM THIS TOWN...SO EVEN THE HALF WOULD HAVE HAD SOME VALUE!!! HEY IF YOU LIKE IT KEEP IT! JAMIE

athometoo

Reaction score
hope this helps ya . hey jamie good to see ya posting again . sam

M in a circle.........Maryland Glass Corporation, Baltimore, MD (1907-c.1970s). Mark first used in 1921, according to trademark info reported in Peterson's 400 Trademarks on Glass (1968). This company specialized in cobalt blue glass bottles and jars. Many of the containers made for Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Bromo-Seltzer, Vicks, Noxema, etc, were produced here. Maryland also produced the most commonly seen type of "violin bottle" in various shades of blue (and probably other colors). Maryland Glass was acquired by the Dorsey Corporation in 1968, and I believe that the "M" mark was discontinued sometime in the early 1970s. Anyone with info, please contact me on how late this mark was used. Note: The "M in a circle" mark has also been used more recently by the Mosser Glass Company (Cambridge, OH, 1971-to date), but in those cases it is usually found on tableware, novelties, toothpick holders, etc.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960