Hand Painted by me!! Support Your Local Forum Auction!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Ok Folks its time that I add my 2 cents to the forum with my first attempt to becoming a supporter. Up for auction is this lovely 1890/1900 slick med which I have hand painted myself. Yup its a Swizzle Original. I pick the pic on the computer and did this all free hand. I'm no PickAsO but hey I think its a perty neat painting. This paint can be easily scratched off so please keep that in mind. It can easily be handled just don't let anyone with long fingernails test it out. Now there is some damage to the lip which you'll see in the next pic but this is for the forum so that doesn't matter. What matters is that you empty out your wallets and purses to support your forum. [:D] Shall we start out the bidding at $1,000? No reserve and free shipping to the first person that bids a grand. Ok enough of that lets start it at a buck. $1 and we'll go from there. This auction will go until Thursday at Midnight the 24th. Remember this is an old quality med. It just barely missed being pontiled by 30 or 40 years so be one of the first to own a bit of Antique-Bottles.Net history. As I'm sure this thread will be in the archives long after I'm gone. So let the bidding begin. Swiz

800CBB6FA6684380804A9C7DAA2B114A.jpg

Attachments

• 800CBB6FA6684380804A9C7DAA2B114A.jpg
    800CBB6FA6684380804A9C7DAA2B114A.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 86

swizzle

Reaction score
And the horribly damaged lip...Bid Big and enjoy this bottle in your very own living room or den. Swiz

F51868434FCF4013A8D1CD83D071C5C2.jpg

Attachments

• F51868434FCF4013A8D1CD83D071C5C2.jpg
    F51868434FCF4013A8D1CD83D071C5C2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 77

woodswalker

Reaction score
Hey swizz...Take a walk thru your craft aisle at wal-mart or Hobby Lobby or maybe your wife might have more knowledge on this if she's crafty....
Pick up some acrylic clear coat...they have it in Spray on or paint on...also for interior or outside. This will keep your paint from peeling off....And in the long run your great art work will be preserved.

Check out this link
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Had-an-idea-for-my-broken-bottles!!/m-316862/tm.htm

Thats a bit of my creativeness there...the last pic is what you would be interested in....it was plain ceramic and is actually a bank...took 4-6 hours to paint and then I added the top clear coat to protect the water base paint and then added a coating that makes it looked aged...like a crackle coat....just make sure you find witch is better for differing materials....and that bottle and your art should last a loooong time...and even be able to be washed!
Awesome job on the painting to...you've got some talent :)
Amanda

swizzle

Reaction score
The paint that I'm using is acrylic. It does stick to the glass quite well as is. I was wondering about what type of clear coat I should get to help to protect this one. I even painted inside the bottle to help give a bit more depth to the painting. Maybe I should add that the shipping is free. I'll cover the cost of that. Swiz

RedGinger

Reaction score
Great painting, Swiz. Some people just have a talent for it. Wish I could bid on it. We have a lot of bears here. Do you have a lot where you live?

On second thought, that bear looks so realistic, it might scare me to have that around!

swizzle

Reaction score
Where I live now I haven't heard of any but about 30 miles north of here you really start running into them. The DEC dropped off 17 bears they trapped outside of the Adirondacks. We had a club footed sow and her two cubs dumpster diving and peoples garbage cans getting torn apart. One guy had his wall ripped apart by a bear trying to get to his trash can. My Uncle got one of them. A small one just over 300lbs. DEC was busy with rubber bullets for a bit. Other then that its quiet where I use to live.

Man if I don't get any bids here by tomorrow I'm gonna have to toss in an embossed flask to sweeten the pot a bit. Swiz

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
See if you can use Krylon on glass. I think you can & it dries quickly.

Can't bid on anything until I figure out how to get into my paypal account.[8|] Nice work, though!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Just look in the craft section or even maybe where they sell paint...just find one thats safe and works for glass....
Great job by the way....do you ever pick up old hand saws and paint the blades on those? If not you have got the talent !! I'd dig a few of mine out to show ya but they're in storage....[>:]Makes for good winter time projects :)
Amanda

swizzle

Reaction score
I thought about it and I had a 6 foot 2 man saw but lost it during the move. That and several boxes of bottles that I think mistakenly went to goodwill. I can't do anything until the 25th. Wifey is on a two week pay schedule and I won't be getting called back to work for a bit. Hopefully within a month. Swiz

woodswalker

Reaction score
Well good luck on the call back to work...times are tuff...we finally made it back to 5 days a week 40 hours in June....went a whole year work 32 hour weeks and saw 5 people get permanently laid off!!! I'm so thank ful to have my job and health benefits...but hey....on the bright side you have PLENTY of time for bottle hunting...
and I can send ya a few fluff jars to paint if ya get bored!!![:D][:D][:D][:-]

Manda

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal