Has anyone ever seen one like this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Diggin4Togas

The top has a Baltimore loop top, unlike the usual Saratoga style

186CA2C6D067422F8D22F9C9ACDB8F03.jpg

Did you pick that up at Shupps? nice lookin

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
any makers marks you can see on them? it may have been the same company blowing the bottles but in 2 different sizes. seems to me the ones in script embossing were only made that way because it was easier to fit the whole word on an angle. way cool bottle anyway. whats the makers mark on your wheelah?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
mtfdfire22 and oithers; I was interested in your comment about makers marks on Saratoga's, I have collected a lot of Case Gin and Saratoga bottles because I was able to relate their making innovations to the markings of the changes in their making methods to try and meet the quantities wanted by the liquid suppliers to meet their demands for their products.
These two products are the main ones in the bottle making world that had makers marks on them - that relate to the shop and bottlemakers that made them. They do not tell you which glass house or company made them. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I'm back - Mainly to give you this link for two Saratogas that both have typical maker marks. Other marks include squares, triangles, * marks, dots, and someday I will get pictures of fhem put together.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251119168464&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

RED Mattahews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter