Hawaiian bottles we found.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kalai

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is some of the better Hawaiian bottles we recently found, I hope you like them, aloha.

Chris

86B4124DDE0244AAB29BCD00395E4F6C.jpg

Attachments

• 86B4124DDE0244AAB29BCD00395E4F6C.jpg
    86B4124DDE0244AAB29BCD00395E4F6C.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 85

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Wow! Nice finds! I like the Tahiti Lemonade tried to buy one on ebay a couple years back and it ended up skyrocketing. Beautiful bottles! Any more dig pics?

kalai

Reaction score
Hi DiggerBryan thanks for the comment.
Hay Kip sorry we did not call you we wanted to find all the bottles for ourselves-- na na na -- We went on the spur of the moment, we figured since a storm was reported to be heading our way and the week and and this next week is very busy, we said lets go, the hole we dug was about 8-10 feet deep and we found plenty of the tooled beers of different colors, some orientals, some old food jars and some Huthches, plenty of broken ones but some good unbroken ones too, we got the purple Wailua, the Pacific, the Tahiti Lemonaid and the Bay City Naalehu. I was real excited about the Hawaiian sodas I started washing them and Dan said hay you forgot to take a shot of the bottles before the cleaning.
We are planning on going digging soon, we were thinking of going to Waiahino, have you ever dug there? I will call you when you go down there, that is where we found the misspelled Arctic soda works that sold for $1700 on ebay. Happy digging to all.

Chris

Lordbud

Reaction score
Those are some great finds. I haven't dug a bunch of local sodas in many years.
Sounds like you already knew the dump's location, was it previously undug?

On vacation I managed to hit all three bottle shops on Oahu where they had numerous Hawaiian hutches, and a variety of other bottles. All a bit pricey and not exactly local either...[;)]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I just returned from teh "Big Island", and didn't see any bottles worth buying at any of the so-called antique shops. I did talk to some locals along the coast who told me that there are lots of good bottles out in the overgrowth near the old sugar towns. Maybe some diggin' on the return trips.

808 50th State

Reaction score
Chris, nice finds, nice to see some Hawaiian Soda's I like the Waialua, how's the condition, looks pretty clean in the picture, dug a lot of them when I use to live in Waialua, all them has some kind of defect though, those amethyst Waialua glass are pretty weak, here on Oahu, not too many places to dig anymore.

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
Those are nice bottles! Did Hawaii have their own bottling companies? I'm sure their is plenty of silica around the islands.

kalai

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments.
Hi Earl, the condition of the Wailua is very good, there is no chips or cracks.
VA is for Diggers , you are right there is a lot of sand in Hawaii but all the Hawaiian bottles were made outside of Hawaii, aloha and happy digging.

Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson