Heading out to a local farm dump.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NewEnglandGlass

Reaction score
Hello everyone Im heading out to a local farmdump i was waiting for permission on. Gentleman called this morning and said i could get in there now. Will let everyone know what happens later on have a great day all.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's great, if you need some help and are close enough, I'll help. You can take everything and I'll work for free. I just haven't dug in so long I want to get dirty.

NewEnglandGlass

Reaction score
Well I'm finally home from the farm dump. What started out as a great day ended with me in the ER. So here is the story. I start digging along this little stream that's about 20 feet from a stone wall the dig went pretty well pulled out 17 Early bromos in diff sizes,An amber maltine,several Atwoods some diff sizes of milk of magnesia , As im scratching in the hole i see that long brown squra shape apear. At first i thought it was a paines celery but it turned out to be a honey amber Dr j' host bitters. behind that one was two more both broken. Also grabbed a mix bag of drugstore bottles several marbles a spoon and a toothbrush. So i pack my stuff up wrap my goods and head for the road. Walking along enjoying the day(here is were the A D D kicks in) watching birds fly squirrels run next thing I know I here a snap and im wondering why im staring into the sky Thinking what the heck just happened, Well apparently I didn't see that log and the snap i heard was my ankle ligaments tearing About 2 minutes after i hit the ground the pain started and became so intense I almost Tossed my lunch .I grabbed onto my shovel and tried to use it as a crutch but that didn't work out to good. So i called the farmer from my cell and let him know what I was into .He arrived within minutes and helped me to his truck and got me to the ER. On the way home from the ER realized i left my bucket and backpack in the woods. Had my wife drive me over and i hobbled on my Fancy new Crutches Into the area and with my wifes help grabbed all my things.
So ended a Very pleasant day bottle digging i am home now being spoiled by wife and child and the Doc's prescribed Meds
Isn't life grand

kwalker

Reaction score
It's the perfect ending to the perfect day isn't it [&:] Sorry, I can have a cynical sense of humor. Glad to hear you're alright to say the least. I've been in that situation before especially with running track. Though it's more of a fear of long term damage than actually falling. Did you get all your finds out alright? That'd hurt more to me than the ankle [:D]

NewEnglandGlass

Reaction score
Oh heck yes those bottles were coming home if i had to crutch them all the way lol. They havent casted it just splinted a half cast with ace bandages holding it on. I have an apointment tomorrow with an ortho surgeon to double check everything. If things are ok ill be walking on my own in 4 to 6 weeks. Don't need legs to sit in a hole and scratch around with a small spade! Now if i can only convince the wife of that.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Niles,...I was curious as heck after I saw your post early on today... I meant to go look after Fred and I got home from a road trip earlier,...forgot till now. Did you take any pictures while you were out digging?...Sounds like you were into some cool stuff. Sorry to hear you got injured,...(Hey, if you could get back out there to get your stuff, you could probably get back out to dig, once your knitting up some) ...That was double nice of the farmer to let you dig, and help get you to the E.R. too. (Another good argument for getting permissions)...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward