Heading to a dump in upstate NY at my grandparents property this weekend!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I had dug this dump on my grandparents property once before years ago when I was just starting out. I probably missed all kinds of stuff, so I am going back to dig again! There are a TON of cans at this place, so I will be picking through them and bringing back all of the ones that are complete to clean (something I didn't do last time since I was still a newbie to this hobby).

Here are some pics from last time:

The dump:
20201004_221851.jpg

Dr Lyons and Veedol oil cans from years ago that a still need to clean, but they should clean nice when I do!
20201001_091258.jpg

Broken off, but the oldest bottle we have found at the spot so far:
20201001_091121.jpg

The dump is located in the middle of nowhere mountains of upstate NY. It is along a stone wall and mainly 1930s-1960s stuff (with the bulk of the stuff being late 40s early 50s) but the house that is adjacent to it is about 1880s. There has to be an older pocket somewhere! Hopefully I can find it this weekend. Some of the bottles from the area around are difficult to find. If anything I can enjoy the ride to it through the scenic Catskills!

Can't wait,
PlaneDiggerCam

sandchip

Reaction score
There could be some really old stuff, like pontils, along that stone wall if history is any indicator, not to mention possibilities like this,

Best of luck. Can't wait to see what you find!

RCO

Reaction score
its one of those dumps which is tough to say whats there , if they lived there for years , likely there is older stuff somewhere , it only make logical sense that they dumped nearby . anyways sounds like an interesting area

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Thanks Sandchip! Great detective work and you gave our history an individualized face! --CT Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
C'mon Leon,
Okay, here's an update. Thanks to the 9th Mass. and other courageous Americans, we, the good guys won.;) (Don't worry, Cam will have plenty for us later.:cool:)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26