Heartbreakers and Odds & Ends

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Got around to washing up some shards and some odds and ends. Lets see who can guess all three broken bottles. All dug in Texas in the past month...but only one of the three is a Texas bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 144

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Interesting items, stoppers, marbles, a pot lid and meds, one being a blood tonic, as for specifics, I have no idea, the brand names, (you know, we find sodas around here), although one appears to be a cabin bitters, thanks for sharing.

truedigr

Reaction score
I see a Kelly's Old Cabin Bitters, Hunter's Pul. Balsam Cough Syrup out of Bangor Maine, but no clue about the amber Texas bottle. RC

nhpharm

Reaction score
You folks are good. A Kelly's, a Hunter's, and a Youngbood's Tonic Bitters. I suspect the Youngblood's would give the Kelly's a run for its money with respect to value...it is an early 1870's Galveston bottle and I believe pretty rare. These are the only shards I have ever seen of a Youngblood's...the Kelly's and the Youngblood's were in the same hole...nothing intact in that hole sadly.

truedigr

Reaction score
I'm in Texas and the only one I couldn't identify is from Texas. The Youngblood's is very rare and would easily double the price of the Kelly's. I can't recall ever seeing one broke or intact and possibly a new discovery in the bottle world. RC

nhpharm

Reaction score
I think there are one or two Youngblood's floating around and rumor has it one may have labels. Nonetheless, Ferdinand has done a write-up on them. An extremely rare Texas bottle for sure. Maybe someday!

Privyprowlerz

Reaction score
are the other Youngblood's the same color? it's pretty outstanding.

we come across some neat broken stuff and I keep them in a bucket till the end of the digging season.

They end up in the dump I have in the woods beside my house. some day
a digger / detector will come across that spot and think they hit the motherload !!

Thanks for sharing with us !!!

Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1