Heavy stuff guys so ignore, or read with caution!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I hesitate to write this at the risk of sounding needy or wimpy or bringing you down but I consider you all to be my friends and hope the power of prayer and wishfull thinking can help. Nine years ago I went through neck fusion. Before the operation I was a mess, it all started out with numbness and pain in my left arm that spread to my right arm. The worst part was not the pain but the lack of sleep, eating problems, and waking up or just lying in bed and a warm rush would come over my head and arms. If I got up it would go away but lay back down and eventually the feeling came back. I would overheat but my hands and feet would feel cold. Now you’re probably thinking this is a joke but unfortunately it isn’t. I’ve always been hotter than most people and I know what your thinking, that all that is stress related symptoms and maybe I was having panic attacks but believe me when I tell you something? physical was making this happen. Panic attacks only last a little while but my condition got so bad I was sweating for hours sitting in front of an air conditioner. After not sleeping or getting only a couple hours for two months anyone will turn into a frootloop! None of the doctors could make any sense of this. As all bottle collectors know we come a long long ways medically in this country but there’s still a lot of stuff they have no clue about. I had a lot of tests done and even went to a nuerologist that looked at my MRIs and xrays and couldn’t see anything. I finally went to another recommended nuerologist and he thought the nerves were being pinched and recommended spinal fusion but he could not explain the other stuff even though your sympathetic or autonomic nerves also travel through that same bundle and can be damaged. Well I had the operation but was still screwed up afterwards with the same symptoms and even went on mertazipine to get off the ambien which wasn’t working anyway. Medicines at the time would act the opposite of what they were supposed to do. Eventually after a few months I just started feeling better and I weened myself off the mertazapine. Later that year I was back 100 % and went with the troop to hike in Philmont for 11 days and could do all the wild adventurous, risky stuff I’ve always done. Nine years go by and boom, out of the blue the nightmare returns. My left arm is weak or numb and I feel a little bit in my right. This time my neck is sore but it wasn’t the first time. Some of the heat thing, the insomnia and not only acid reflux but a burning under my left ribs is going on. I went and saw my doctor and he sort of believed my pinched nerve again theory but thought my heart needed checked out as the culprit. I made an appointment with the neurologist hoping he could explain it. Well the heart doc said I rocked the stress test. I couldn’t get my primary or the neurologist to order MRIs before I saw him so I had them done last Monday. ( The hassles of dealing with the medical logistics could stress anyone out!) I called them yesterday and they were supposed to call me back but they didn’t so I bugged them today and the nurse said he was still working on the write up but didn’t see any clinical reason for my issues. That’s the last thing I wanted to hear. I figured he fixed me once, he can fix me again. I know it doesn’t make sense but part of me always has doubted that what he did the first time was what really made me well. I’m trying to stay upbeat this time and really wish and hope this will all just go away. Its weird I have good days and bad days and wish I knew what is making the difference. I know from last time that when a person is sick you tend to withdraw from society and the things you love, even ABN so I apologize as I’ve hardly posted or even read much, which is something I normally wouldn’t go a day without catching up on everything here. So forgive me if I’m more of a lurker until I feel better but I WILL GET BETTER. Some of you reading this may think I’m turning into a fruitloop already but some probably already had that opinion, LOL! Anyway if you’re the praying type, pray for me, it can’t hurt. I’m not looking for pity like I said I just want to get better!!! In the mean time I hope you all find the bottles of your dreams and that I’m back at it soon also!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Some of you reading this may think I’m turning into a fruitloop already but some probably already had that opinion, LOL!
Steve, Steve, Steve!!! What the H E double hockey sticks does that mean. We're all "fruitloops" and for some of us it's our favorite breakfast cereal.
Of coarse we got your back.
I'll do what I can and I'm sure everyone, even if they don't see this will be vibing that way anyway. We are are constant lookout to all I think.
Best to you and keep us posted.
Eric

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Wishing you the best, Mr. Cobalt! We need someone around here who appreciates Bromos, so we ain't lettin' you leave us just yet... [;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Steve if the man up stairs could give me a puce Eagle he can fix you right up[;)] It happens all the time",fixing up people"the Puce Eagle that's another story [8D] Hope you get well
Rick

cookie

Reaction score
You're in my prayers...try to stay positive....I've got to in for for radio frequency denervation on my back in the next few weeks- facet joint - nerve problems from a car accident a few years ago..I try and stay upbeat and remind myself I'm fortunate to still be here...

rockbot

Reaction score
I feel for you Steve. Lack of sleep can really play on you. Have you tried alternative sleep methods? If you can get a good sleep pattern down that will help you deal with what every is bothering you.

An MRI can identify most all types of spinal damage or injury. Did you say they found anything the first time you had surgery?

RedGinger

Reaction score
I hope you are feeling better and back to your old self soon, Steve. No one should have to go through things alone. You have my support along with everyone's, I'm sure. Stay positive, and take it easy. Everyone needs to vent sometimes. We're here. [:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26