Heckler Auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blade

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever had a negative experience with Heckler's auctions ? The reason I'm asking is because I gave him a bottle in Baltimore last year to sell in a future auction and was not happy with the whole auction process or lack of process and the final sale results.
Chris

epackage

Reaction score
You're always taking a chance as a seller, his auctions are well publicized and attended, if the bottle didn't due well it's because it wasn't as desirable as you had hoped is my guess, sorry...

blade

Reaction score
He never told me when it was going to be auctioned, no heads up, total lack of communication including not answering E-mails. I guess if it was a 25,000+ flask he would have dealt with me differently.
Chris

icollectfruitjars

Reaction score
Only bought from Heckler's and never sold, but have sold through American Glass Gallery (a.k.a John Pastor). Pretty straight shooter and good communications from someone who is always busy.

epackage

Reaction score
Not contacting you is not a good thing, there's no excuse for that, the results of the final sale are always a crap shoot. Whether thru Norm, John or Jim Hagenbach your bottle gets the utmost exposure, sometimes a good bottle doesn't get the love it deserves. If you decide to list something else I'd suggest trying John or Glassworks and seeing how that experience goes, good luck...

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I gave him a piece of glass to sell but I will probably not do it again. I had a piece sell in his last auction and I am still awaiting payment. Plus he told me one estimate and listed it for another. I was not concerned about the selling price but I have to agree there is no communication.

sandchip

Reaction score
I've bought from but never sold thru NCH, so I can't offer much here. Only looked and drooled over AGG stuff, 'cause the money's always been short at the time, but John seems like a good guy. I sold probably a dozen bottles in one GWA sale 7 or 8 years ago, and couldn't have been treated better all the way around, from start to finish, and I consider myself pretty much a nobody in the bottle world.

blade

Reaction score
I had to find out by myself which auction the bottle was in. After the bottle sold he still didn't notify me. I wander how long I'll have to wait for payment ![8|]
Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973