Heckler Auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
I wont stand for any bad mouthing of Norm Heckler. It's possible that so many people want a piece of his time that it is hard to keep up. Norm isn't no spring chicken anymore, he's been around the block. If there was a lack of communication it was not poor character or lack of creditability. probably a simple mix up. As far as I'm concerned Norm has done more for the hobby then most, shoot he has done a lot for me...

Sorry to hear about any bad experiences, but again I'm sure it was just a mix up.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Speaking of john pastor, has anyone ever sold one of their bottles through his auction? I had sent him an email regarding one of the pontils below but he hasnt gotten back to me as of late. Any ideas how I should go about this? I only want to use a bottle auction to "possibly" sell one of these because (back in my beginner days, when I was stupid and didnt know prices) I was offered quite a bit for one. J.H. Currie 1840s open pontil, very crude, whittled, with matching 1840s labels. I have been told that to find any bottle of that age with the original label is very rare. They were both found in a wall during a house demolition before I was able to purchase them at a very good price. I said "possibly" earlier because I would like to speak to someone about the exact process so that I dont get ripped off on the price it goes for.

4203430_orig.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Some auctioneers allow reserve prices Mike but most don't like to do it understandibly, it's the only way to assure yourself you're happy with the money you get for it...

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
I have had no problems with hecklers services, and with the large amount of glass he auctions off I can see how he and his associates would lose track. I myself at one point consigned an extremely rare fruit jar to an auction, and I had to wait quite awhile for payment as well, but that was because the buyer was out of town and asked not to ship the jar till he returned. I was not paid untill he got the jar and accepted it much to my dismay, but I completely understood.

There are many aspects to take in consideration when consigning a bottle to these auction companys. Its not exactly like ebay, they have many many bottles and transactions to take care of and make sure that the purchasers are satisfied with the piece.

Now the idea of no communication at all isnt good, but there may be a reason behind it.

Hope all is well

stlouisbottles

Reaction score
Maybe you should try calling John Pastor instead of emailing him, I alway's get though to him by telephone.

NHkeith

Reaction score
Re: RE: Heckler Auctions

I won a lot at Heckler's Lot on Friday at his last annual live auction. I was very happy with what I bought. I know when I won a lot from their online auction. They only accept cashier check, money order, check. not debit or credit card.So no matter what you are looking at 3 weeks minimum just to do the processing of the money (depending on form of payment) shipping the product out, and all the other processing stuff. I also know for some of the regulars they were allowed to pay for an online purchase at his next live auction. waiting in line to pay for a lot, they guy in front of me said "I need to pay for the item I won at the online auction also" (they went and grabbed the item for the guy, and he paid for that along with what he won at the live event) but I must agree:Communication is important no matter where or what your selling/buying. Each experience in life is an opportunity to learn, so take in the data you received from this experience and allow it to guide you in future endeavors related to similar events.. keith

Reaction score
I've only bought from them and have been happy. A friend bought several items and found damage with them. He returned the pieces and got his money back. If you are looking into consigning again, try Greg Spurgeon with North American Glass. Another friend of mine has consigned him several items and has been happy. I think his consigning fee is less than the others, although I've been told that can change. I guess we are human, but you would like to expect the best when you consign a bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH