Hello everyone

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IchbinGut

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been collecting bottles for years. I found the history intriguing and try to imagine the people, and how life must have been. My favorite are embossed medicine bottles. Especially the kind a "snake oil" sales man would pitch. I would LOVE to hear the sales pitch!) I am in marketing and sales. The history relates to me and the two generations before me. My grandfather would was born pre-1900. He died when I was 5. I have been collecting and cherishing my wonderful bottles (that no one I knew appreciated but me) My research to find out the history of my mystery bottle, has been very educational and interesting. I found it very odd that the only city in the states that collectors on every site are asking for Paterson N.J. I realize this is collectible. I think it is of value based on the ones people bought. I have to know the history and would like an appraisal. I will consider selling it to someone who offers me the right price and to the right person. I am posting it on the other sites as well. I do not know the correct terminology. Please over look this as I describe it. If you have questions feel free to ask. Pictures will be available in a few hours. [style="background-color: #ffff99;"]Aqua color[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]Blob top[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]approx 6.5 inches tall the base approx. 2 inches wide. [/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]On side has an A [/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]Wm T Allen[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]Patterson N.J.[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]there as "seams" on both sides [/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]bubbles range from small to very obvious "imperfections" that are very cool[/style] [style="background-color: #ffff99;"]Side 2 has the A [/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]"This bottle"[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]a circular logo [/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]inside a large "A-ish logo" in the center[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]around the circle it reads: Live and let live trade mark[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]last line: NOT TO BE SOLD (why?)[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]There is an A on the bottom[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]No cracks[/style][style="background-color: #ffff99;"]I can not see the chips but can feel two small spots on the lip that are not smooth[/style] [style="background-color: #ffff99;"] It is heavy and the glass is thick. I can weigh it if you like. [/style] I can't wait to find out what was in here. Why was it not to be sold? What makes paterson so desirable. Has it always been?Peace and blessings to all, IchBinGut

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Member epackage will be on sooner or later and be able to give you a true Patterson viewpoint on your bottle. Scott

epackage

Reaction score
Hi IchBinGut, sounds like you have a William T. Allen hutchinson bottle, it would have held soda or mineral water. He was in business under this company name from 1891-1902 in Paterson, after that his bottles say Wm. T. Allen & Son. I can tell you that most of the ads you see looking for Paterson NJ bottles are mine, I post them on every site where bottles are discussed. The "Not To Be Sold" meant the bottle was to be returned to the company to be cleaned an refilled, you see this on 99% of the bottles from this time period because other bottlers would steal their competitors bottles and put a label on them and fill them with their own beverages. Your hutchinson(hutch) is fairly common among Paterson bottles and is only worth about $10 if it is the same as the one I am showing in my pic. If you have any other questions feel free to ask or you can email me at epackage@msn.com, I hope this helps.... Jim

Attachments

• 010323614fb745bf8b968d7a18e543d7.jpg
    010323614fb745bf8b968d7a18e543d7.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen