Hello from Northern Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I live about 30 minutes from Blind River. I would love to find one of those WoW! We don't have to dig to deep like you said. At the end of last season i found a hole that seems to be lined with wood and is about 7 feet deep. Im gonna investigate it more once i can get to it. We are finding allot of broken glass with tops like the ones in your photo's. There was a huge forest fire in i think 1943 that destroyed the logging industry in the region. We are seeing proof of it with lots of melted glass in the ground.[/quote] Good work! Keep the shovels going. Too bad about earlier forest fires, though. By the way, you might want to poke around places like Sowerby, Nestorville, and Bruce Station, which have shrunk dramatically since their boom years decades and decades ago. I would also imagine that some pretty interesting stuff might be found in and around Bruce Mines, including the Bruce Station area, because they started iron mining there in the mid-1840s. However, please be careful since I've heard tell of some unmarked and open mining holes hidden in the bush.

algomadigger

Reaction score
mctaggart67 Since you put those bottle pics up i can't get them out of my head! [8|] We were discussing those towns you mentioned this winter and how we want to go explore the area's. More snow has melted and its getting warmer. You Really have my mind racing! lol

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Our hobby keys on the imagination. Another place that might prove fruitful is Chapleau, established in the 1880s with the building of the C.P.R. It's a bit of a hike, but . . .

hemihampton

Reaction score
Did you find any Beer cans in this dump? LEON.

algomadigger

Reaction score
Chapleau is a bit of a drive but you never know.
hemihampton said:
Did you find any Beer cans in this dump? LEON.
Many beer cans but they are so rusted you can barely make out what they are.

RCO

Reaction score
I have a few Sault Ste Marie bottles in collection , I have the soo falls bottle , its actually fairly common I think , also have a 7 up from soo . and a number of bottles from Sudbury and a silver foam bottle from Sudbury that is identical to soo falls bottle .

Attachments

• e8e63aa4be5b4c5aadd1c52bd304976a.jpg
    e8e63aa4be5b4c5aadd1c52bd304976a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 77

algomadigger

Reaction score
The Soo and Sudbury factory's where owned by the same guy. :) I would love a Sudbury bottle as it's my home town.

WHITEWOLF

Reaction score
How do you go about finding where old logging camps used to be? I've been in lots of old mining camps up North too,but have never found where they dumped their garbage. Any help in these regards would be most appreciated from someone with experience hunting these types of sites. I'm foremost a metal detecting guy,but have recovered some old bottles as well,while recovering metal items. I'd be interested in selling them as well. I can be reached at my personal e-mail also,which is bigall@execulink.com. Thanks for your time & happy hunting everyone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete