Help - looking for $50000 "percsciption" bottle to prove a point

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Yeah - I remember that one! That's just bragging with your wallet is what that is!
I remembered the fish, forgot it was a bitters.... see - to all of you, I'm far from a bottle expert cuz I should have known that!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
whittled - yes - the 2nd - a paper label.

Although I recall a post on here years ago about something scratched into the neck of a blown bottle that may have had to do with dating it??? Or maybe who made it??? Can't remember.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

I've learned a lot here and I think this is one of the most educational, fun sites on the internet. Maybe I'll stick around again for awhile! I missed the pretty pictures, too!

where did you go anyway? Its hard to stay away from this place even when (some) people get on your nerves [:D]

whittled

Reaction score
"Never argue with an idiot,...people might not be able to tell the difference"
I like that Joe, maybe I heard it from an elder of mine too.

I suppose, theoretically, is would be possible to DE-boss (for lack of another term) a bottle with paddles and still call it free blown but I'm not aware of that being done. Maybe that could be #3?[:D]

Anyway, I just noticed I'm signed in under my test account so I'll go back on duty.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Kate....My Dad used to say...."Never argue with an idiot,...people might not be able to tell the difference"[:)]

I didn't argue too much. Just stated correct info. If people chose to believe him, so be it. (They don't)... and you know you wouldn't have stopped yourself, either... although the quote is good and I will remember that.

PS - can't help myself, and NOBODY start a political debate here, but that advice didn't work out too well for Obama in his first debate with Romney, did it?[:D]

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

I've learned a lot here and I think this is one of the most educational, fun sites on the internet. Maybe I'll stick around again for awhile! I missed the pretty pictures, too!

where did you go anyway? Its hard to stay away from this place even when (some) people get on your nerves [:D]

hmmm... digging??? and to the auction.

I get the feeling some people can't stay away so much that every time they are banned, they make up a new persona. But that could be my imagination.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
6 or 7 years ago I knew next to nothing about bottles. Maybe I would have believed some or all of what he posted. Probably not all of it, but I wouldn't have been able to do what I did today... Hopefully I've spared some friends embarrassment of repeating garbage they "learned" online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause