Help me identify this bottle that I found in the desert!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

You're in the desert... I gotta ask, what's with the hunting hat? [:-]

It was extremely cold that morning.

I bought that hat at an army surplus store over 10 years ago. I rarely use it, but when I do it works great.

P.S. I do not hunt wildlife.

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hi'ya Kid,

Another excellent photo journey, sir. Thanks for taking us along.

You are quite welcome. I took almost 400 pictures on that trip.

I haven't had a chance to share them with anyone yet. It will probably be another 2 weeks before I can get the time. Hopefully, you'll see them here!

Without knowing the capacity of your bottle, I'm in the Catsup / sauce camp, myself.

Well, I guess that only way to figure that out would be to put in some water, then pour it back out and measure it. I don't have the ability to do this.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Well, I guess that only way to figure that out would be to put in some water, then pour it back out and measure it. I don't have the ability to do this.

Hey Kid,

Let's play with bottles from your collection, okay? I know you have a "KERN COUNTY BOTTLING WORKS" and it is 6 1/2 oz. in size." I'm pretty sure you've got a Nehi that is 10 or 12 ounces.

I'm sure there is a way to pretty closely guesstimate the contents of your latest discovery, using the post Gould Amendment bottles you already have. Your mission, should you decide to accept it...

ptrgraves.jpg

TheCaliKid

Reaction score

Hey Kid,

Let's play with bottles from your collection, okay? I know you have a "KERN COUNTY BOTTLING WORKS" and it is 6 1/2 oz. in size." I'm pretty sure you've got a Nehi that is 10 or 12 ounces.

I'm sure there is a way to pretty closely guesstimate the contents of your latest discovery, using the post Gould Amendment bottles you already have. Your mission, should you decide to accept it...

My Nehi bottle is actually 9 ounces.

Darn you to heck! Now you just made me do something that I didn't really want to do. My life was in danger!

Using my expert Google-fu skills, I was able to determine that one U.S. cup is equal to about 8 fluid ounces. Now, I just got out the measuring cups, and filled the bottle I found with water and poured it back out. The poured-out water filled 1 cup completely full and about I still had enough water left over to fill a 1/2 cup to three quarters full. So, I figure that my bottle has about an 11 fluid ounces capacity.

P.S. My results are James Coburn certified.

JamesCoburntheape-1.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
hey Kid,

Thanks for the kitchen science project results. I'm still thinking ketchup or sauce.

adult-heinz-ketchup-bottle-hat.jpg

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Welp, so be it.

I'm still glad that I found it. The area that I was in, the town was founded in 1874. Sure would be sweet to find a late-1800's California local town bottled Coke or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete