HELP need ID - bottle base

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

quicksilver

Reaction score
Hi,
I found this bottle base in a woodlot with other bottles and frags dating back to 1880's. I am trying to find the company name, age of fragment and bottle use. There is a triangular shield outline with a "P" and "L" inside. There is a "6" to the lower left of the shield. There is also a Greek Psi symbol in the shield. The base is about 2.5" wide. Let me know your thoughts about this ASAP. Thanks.

Matt

Nk28060.jpg

Attachments

• Nk28060.jpg
    Nk28060.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 66

KentOhio

Reaction score
I think that's Pluto Water, a popular mineral water. I'm sure if you do a search you can come up with lots of info.

crkgrl

Reaction score
French Lick Springs in Southern Indiana was famous for their "pluto water". Not sure if that was a generic term or just to describe the springs in that area. You might try a search for French Lick.

purplescarf

Reaction score
I cannot identify the bottle for the person whose scan shows only the base. But since I have a complete bottle I can add some further information. The bottle in question is three and five eighth inches tall, has a square bottom, and a wide circular top (no lid). The thick bottom (outside) is the same except mine has an embossed "2" on the left side of the shield and the letter "P" inside a small circle to the right of the shield. This is my first post. If I have stepped on anyone's toes please understand. Regards, colonel

capsoda

Reaction score
Welcome Colonel, I think you will find that you are dealing with a great bunch of folks from all around the world. Best bottle forum I've seen, so jump in with both feet. [:)]

As for a Pluto bottle markings, this is all I have ever seen on the piles of them my wife and I have dug up.[8|]

Qo41370.jpg

Attachments

• Qo41370.jpg
    Qo41370.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 71

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960