Help on L.W.H. bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Grand%2BRapids%2BBottle%2BShow%2B003.JPG
Grand%2BRapids%2BBottle%2BShow%2B005.JPG
Grand%2BRapids%2BBottle%2BShow%2B004.JPG
Grand%2BRapids%2BBottle%2BShow%2B006.JPG
More like a bottlette... "L. W. H." is all it says. Lip, albeit quite tiny, feels and looks applied. Table I got it from had pontils for the most part (bottle show.) Smooth base-- no number, letter, dot, etc. Ice-aqua blue. Lots of bubbles. About 2 inches tall-- just a bit over; also just a bit under 1-inch base. So what is it, and when's it from? My guess has been 1890s for the most part, but I really have no idea.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
What I still have no idea but it looks like early machine made. 1899-1903 or so type. Those aren't the best pic's you've taken, no offense.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
What I still have no idea but it looks like early machine made. 1899-1903 or so type. Those aren't the best pic's you've taken, no offense.
There is no seam that I can see-- especially not on the neck. Is there a different kind of machine to do that? Or do you mean partial-machine-made? All the early 1900s bottles I see-- of this size-- have a number or two, a letter, or even a dot on the base.
I have a tremor-issue that renders an already low-quality camera's picture even worse. It comes and goes, but it's usually here. The camera also has dust on the inside, and I don't want to damage it by trying to clean it. So, essentially, most photos turn out blurry.
Nonetheless, large-subject photos turn out well (Comparatively, as I must agree my pictures are ****.)
download.axd
Recall this photo? Or this?
download.axd
A bit blurred, but niceish. Lake Harbor Park, last year.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's embossed so it has to have seams, otherwise it couldn't even be made. Well it could be made, just not removed in one piece.

sunrunner

Reaction score
the seams are on the corners , and with something that small the way that they would have to apply the lip would erase the seams on the neck .

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's hard to tell. A good closeup of the lip without the weird background every time would be helpful, that or send the bottle to me. [:)]I think I can see a circumference seam on the lip and that's one reason why I think old machine.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
SunRunner, thank you. [:)]Eric, you wish. [8D]When I look at it, it's slightly uneven. When I feel it, it feels like it was applied. I just barely squeeze a pinkie in. For now, I have no other pics of it. The weird background is a lovely volume of bound journals from 1870. [:D] Thanks for the responses!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
Doesn't he do under half an inch?
No such bottle that I know of there. He does like the half ounces though.Come to think of it, I haven't seen him post in about a week. Maybe he's out on the road.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal