Help w/ 5 old green colored bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cc6pack

Reaction score
Angela, It's been a while welcome back[:)]

Here's an explanation from the BLM site. Scroll down about half way. You need to take a look at the whole site to get an understanding of bottles in general LOL[:D]

http://www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/body.htm

Sorry for double posting Swizzle.

Angela I agree list them all as one lot, do any of them have applied lips?

3emarketeers

Reaction score
I have been away for awhile, but, I still have tons of bottles to sell, just haven't had the time. I have to limit myself to coming here, because, sometimes I get to reading all the other posts and before you know it half the day is gone. Thanks for the link. Gosh there is much to learn about bottles. I don't know what applied lip means either? Sorry! So do you think if I put them in one lot and start them at maybe $9.99, or is that to high? What do I list them as a "Lot of old Whiskey/beer/mineral water bottles"? Thanks again!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
By the way, that's a great site--lots of info. Don't quite understand it all, but I'm trying[:D]

swizzle

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds good. When you post them on ebay then post the link to that below in the current auctions and sales section. I'd list them as a mixed lot of 1870/90's bottles. In your listing you might want to explain that they held a variety of different beverages and maybe give a few examples. One thing to remember is that if they don't sell on ebay you still have to pay for the listing. You might be better off posting them below first in the buy, sell and swap section. Hope this helps. Swizzle

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Hey Swizzle, Are you saying these bottles are from the 1870-1890's? Thanks for all your help. The owner of the bottles has to pay for the Ebay fees, but, I will check with him and see if he wants me to post them here first. I didn't know you sell your bottles directly from here.

swizzle

Reaction score
Yes you can buy, sell and trade bottles here. Just scroll down past what is it after 1900 and digging and finding and keep going until you see buy, sell and swap and check out some of the post. Swizzle

Jim

Reaction score
I agree, offer them as a lot. They are pretty bottles that date to the late 1800s, but they were made in large quantities. We find a lot of them in our late 1800s dump here. I still keep them, because they are attractive, old, and sell for a few bucks locally. $5 each is a fair price to ask for them in my opinion. I don't usually do eBay for bottles like these due to the shipping and packaging. But as a lot, it's worth a try. They are a lot nicer looking bottles than many of the junk groups that some people list for a lot more money [:D]. ~Jim

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the replies. One more quick question regarding this post. What are turn molds? Thanks again

Jim

Reaction score
Turn molds are bottles that had the mold seam lines removed during the manufacturing process to make them look better. They would turn the bottle inside the mold before the glass was completely cool to erase the seams. This was done with many wine bottles. ~Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960