help w/Cincinnatti bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

druggistnut

Reaction score
My buddy calls me from the Upper Peninsula about a bottle I have not run across. It is amber, 12-14", tapers up like a Hock Wine, applied ring finish, no makers mark, has an embossed Fox face/head above the mid-line and is embossed Red Fox (Something) Bros & Co Cincinnatti OH. He couldn't remember the name.
Any ideas on value/rarity? He is waiting for me to call him back (sitting in the parking lot of a small antiques store). The lady wants 38.00 for it and he seems to think she probably won't budge.
Thanks much,
Bill

druggistnut

Reaction score
I spoke with 7 different Ohio collectors yesterday. The last one was Tom Kolb. He dug and has collected Cinci for years (I think he lives there). He also had a large Hock Wine collection at one time, with 10 of them being embossed. He had never heard of the bottle.
This bodes well. My buddy did not get back to the store to get the bottle, so he is hoping it is there on his next trip north...
Bill

epackage

Reaction score
Hope you get it Bill, looking forward to some pics

LC

Reaction score
I am close to Cincinnati and have never heard of it either . That doesn't mean a whole lot though . I am sure are many from there I have never heard of in all my years of collecting . If I were to guess , I would say it is most likely a decent bottle .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75