Help w/ Stoneware Whiskey Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ripvanchuckle

Reaction score
I picked this bottle/jug up at an auction some time ago, but cannot read the entire wording since it is so faint. What I have been able to identify so far, is that it says "Blue Star (something)". In the center of the bottle there is a blue star surrounded by a circle. Under the star there is the word "Whiskey".

Has anyone seen this before, or can help me identify what the last word is? I doubt there's much value in this bottle, because of the damage, but it has become a curiosity point to me now.

Here's a picture of the bottle. I hope it's not to large for this forum.

whiskey1.jpg

ripvanchuckle

Reaction score
No, there isn't sufficient space for that much wording. It's a single word, from what I can tell, and it starts either with a "W" or "M".

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Rip,
I played with your picture on my photo editor;I THINK the 2nd word looks like "Moray"(?)
and the 1st word appears to contain a "g" and an "s".The light source was on that side of the jug.Try taking pictures with the light source from the right and also from below,slightly left of center,I might be able bring the words up more clearly.Also softer lighting might help[;)]

KAT

Om33228.jpg

Attachments

• Om33228.jpg
    Om33228.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 61

kastoo

Reaction score
That is the Star of David, the symbol of the Jewish Faith. Maybe it held wine used for Passover or weekly Sabbath.

David E

Reaction score
Stoneware repair, I have a little brown jug with a chip right about where yours is. Been repaired for a number of years and still looks good. Being mine and yours are glazed makes it even easier. Turn on side and back up the inside with something that will stay in place and curves to the nature of your bottle. Mix up Epoxey (Mine comes in a two sized tube, one side being the hardner) About $3.00. Mix evenly. But first you need something to color it once you mix the two together and I found food coloring added to the mix works great. And you can mix up the color's to try to make the right match for your item. And your will still have stuff left over for next repair. What makes the epoxey good is that it shines the same as your glazed item does. That one is too nice to throw, so hope this helps.

Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter