Help with Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bark

Reaction score
I realize its not worth anything but this came from a dump site in NE CA which dates at about 1928 (per Clorox bottles). It is clear but has white powder in it (probably a dried lotion). 5 ¾ tall 1 ¼ thick. Has 4 fl ozs and 1814 on bottom and the design is on all four sides. Thanks for your help.

E0D1180B79624ABBBCE773146789DE9F.jpg

Attachments

• E0D1180B79624ABBBCE773146789DE9F.jpg
    E0D1180B79624ABBBCE773146789DE9F.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 49

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Bark Welcome
I belive that would be a white shoe polish bottle .Can you unscrew the cap and see if it has an applicator on it. I think the design is a snow flake as in snow white in color . I'am just guessing as I think I may have one of those around here some where or I've dug one once. Goog luck diggen and finding
bill

Bark

Reaction score
The lid does come off but no applicator. I should have made it clearer that the powder coating is pretty loose (comes off easily). Actually I had been lurking on your site for quite awhile but finally got brave enough to join up. I really do appreciate your input and thanks for the welcome.

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME,I HAVE FOUND PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ARE SOME OF THE KINDEST I KNOW!GOOD LUCK!

Stardust

Reaction score
It does remind me of a similar shaped shoe polish I used when I was first polishing my nursing shoes, back when I was bit younger but they were glass, then plastic. Hence the snow flakes for snow white shoes and yes we had to have them that way back them. Times have a changed. Now nurses can were just about anything.
star

Bark

Reaction score
Thanks again for the input. I had never thought of the design as being a snowflake but I have to agree. Gives me something to work off of. Stardust: Got my LPN in 1975 (through the Army). Tried Nursing. After awhile I realized I wasn’t cut out for it—Takes a special attitude to stay with it.

Stardust

Reaction score
Hi Bark,
Glad I could be some help to you. Had to laugh as now they wear those garden shoes and wash them in the dish washer. Some places they are not allowed at all. My brain is not working this evening I can't bring to mind the name of the plastic shoes. If I wasn't so lazy right now I'd run down to the basement and see them name on my own. LOL I think you probably know what I mean.
take care. Stardust

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman