Help with identifying!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SkatKat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive come across of bunch of old bottle in my late grandfather's basement. They have been down there for many years. I cleaned some of them up and brought them to my house. (theres still alot down there). Without further ado, hers are pics of the bottles along with any information i could get off the bottles...

SkatKat

Reaction score
ale81_bottle.jpg

gordons_dry_gin_bottle.jpg

lydia_pinkhams_medicine_bottle.jpg

cobalt_blue_bottle.jpg

mayflower_ginger_ale_bottles.jpg

pepsi_bottle.jpg

clear_wine_bottle.jpg

herb_juice_bottles.jpg

live_and_let_live_bottle.jpg

castoria_bottle.jpg

chamberlain_bottle.jpg

coke_bottle.jpg

lysol_bottle.jpg

players_bottle.jpg

red_wine_bottle.jpg

dundee_marmalade.jpg

orange_julep_bottle.jpg

jim_beam_wildlife_bottle.jpg

san_diego_200th_anniversary.jpg

Info in next post....

SkatKat

Reaction score
1. Green Ale 8one bottle - One the bottum is has 1 (with a circle around it) 8 , 7 , 74

2. Light Blue Gordon's Dry Gin - "London" on one side of the bottle "England" on the other. Reg o 610617 embossed on the back. What looks like a dragons head with the number 5 under it on bottum.

3. Lydia E. Pinkham's Medicene bottle - Triangle with a M in the middle..next to the number 2 on the bottum. 14 1/2 OZ emossed on the back of the bottle.

4. Cobalt Blue Bottle - No markings, Has orginal metal cap, but writing on it to faded to read.

5. Mayflower Ginger Ale bottles - 1917 on one of the labels. The number 467 one the bottum of one bottle appears, and 6 on the other. Great Radium Spring Company.

6. Pepsi Cola Bottle - On the bottum of the bottle it says Duraglas and DES.PAT.120277 and below that 14A43

7. Tall Wine Bottle - Says CX and 8 on the bottum.

8. Herb Juice Bottles - 1 has orginal glass stopper. One says 11 and 0 on the bottum. The other 6 next to a Diamond mark.

9 - Live and Let Live Drug Company - Chattanooga TN. No markings

10. Cha S Fletcher's Castoria - P8 on the bottum of the bottle

11. Chamberlain's Bottle - Says Made in USA, no other marks.

12. Coca-Cola - Chatt. 21 on the bottum

13. Lysol Bottle - Brown botlle, has "Lysol" etched into the side of it, kind of hard to read.

14. Player's Bottle - Red Rock Bottlers Inc., Duraglas, 62500 and 2-48 on the bottum.

15. Dark Red Wine Bottle - No marks, the bottum is indented. Very pretty dark red color.

16. Dundee Marmalade Crock - Circa 1870-1890 ( I was able to look this one up)

17. Green Orange Julep Bottle - Monarch Water and Ozo-olo Bottling Company. The Bottum has a M inside a diamond mark.

18. Blue Beam Whiskey Bottle - J Lochhart Wildlife Bottle, featuring ducks.

19. 1968 San Fransico Bicentinal Regal China Beam Whickey Bottle - Very pretty!

I would be intrested in selling these bottles, but at the very least i would like more info. Years in particularly. Please have at it :D. And if anyone is intrested in purchasing any or all of these, my email is Pyscokatt@hotmail.com

*** Another quick note that might help you. I live in NW Georgia, Close to Chattanooga TN.

Thanks!

David E

Reaction score
The Herb Juice I find has an N in a square on bottom (Obear-Nester Glass St. Louis Ill. 1915 to date
The label would read Miller's Herb Extract and Laxative Compound
Advertised 1915 to date Advertised 1929-1930 from 109 Church street., Jackson Tenn., 1948 by Herb Juice-Penol Co. Inc.
421 Newton St Danville Va.
Clear 8 3/8" x 2 7/8" x 1 3/8" ABM

Dave.

madman

Reaction score
cool collection !! theres some definate keepers in there!!! go back to the basement see what else is there mike

ronvae

Reaction score
Hi Mudbug,
I looked up the 3 "C"s mark, and all I found was a 1950s-1960s company, which is NOT your bottle--yours is obviously pre-bottle machine aqua, probably whiskey? For a rough date, I'd guess 1890-1910, but there are much more knowledgeable people on this site. I have one much like it that, and the cork is still in the bottom. Is it possible that one of the letters is a "G"? Or, maybe a "Co."?

ronvae

Reaction score
Hi Skatkat,
I love people who type "ahem" [;)]. Here are my 2 cents:
#1: machine-made ALC soda, haven't seen that one before
#2: the dragon's head on the bottom is I think a boar's head, which was Gordon's trademark, I've learned, so I don't think it is a maker's mark. Pre-bottle machine.
#6: Duraglas is Owens Illinois Glass Company, Toledo, OH, 1929-now, but Duraglas trademark was used 1940 & on
#8: A Diamond mark with nothing inside it could be Diamond Glass Co., Monbtreal, Quebec (1891-1913), or maybe Diamond Glass Co. (Diamond-Bathurst), Royersford, PA (1888-1990).
#12: Coke is really specific as to what is collectable--different rules than other bottles. The shape you have is called a "hobbleskirt", and to look it up on a coke site, you have to know the EXACT size e.g., 6 oz., or 6.5 oz, and exactly what is says--a date, or a patent number, etc., and the city on the bottom, and whether the city & the state listed on the bottom have embossed lines connecting them or not (the connecting lines can mean a 1989 reproduction).
#14: See note on Duraglas under #6
The info on maker's marks I've listed is from www.myinsulators.com, which is one of the best maker's marks lists on the web. I would also recommend the BLM Historic Website for help on dating.
Quite a beautiful collection!

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
I am taking a pretty wild guess on this one. I believe the CCCo is the same C. Conrad, The Original Budweiser. C. Conrad & Co. Same type of bottle. Those must of had a nice paper label. I have a book somewhere about Redigging the Old West. They dug fort sites and found some bottles similar to yours. I will try to locate the book and see what they say. Nice, early beer bottle Mudbug. Probably 1870's- 1880's. Robert

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS