help with my bottle...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Please help with my bottle. It says Geo. Benz appetine bitters it is light amber and about 5 or 6 inches tall. i have seen a larger version of this bottle but no small ones. there is a patent date on the bottom. it has 4 indented sides with scroll work on the edges. Is this worth anything or should i use it as an ashtray? Any info is helpful. Thank you.

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hers is some information on Geo. Benz Appetine Bitters

http://www.insulatorstorage.com/fohbc/Grapentine_SampleBottles.pdf

Found a listing in one of my books from the 80's for 250-300 dollars for 7 1/4 in. size. Hope this helps

Cliff

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Jack ,
Definetly don't use it for an ashtray ! There are several size variants of this bottle ( 8 1/4" , 8" , 6 1/4" , 4 5/8" , and 3 1/2" ). Could you supply the height exactly . If your bottle is in perfect condition .... It is worth several hundred dollars. Some size variants are listed as scarce and others are extremely rare. Let me know how tall it is and I will give you a rarity and a approx. value.

Brian

Reaction score
dear brian, my geo.benz bottle is 4and 5/8" tall and light amber in color. I suspect it is a sample bottle. Thank you. Also, is there a bottle pricing guide on the web anywhere and also looking for a digging partner in Ohio. thank you...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hey Ripper ,
Your bottle is a Ring & Ham's # A 78.8 embossed on base with PAT. NOV. 23 1897 and is 4 5/8" tall .
It is listed in Amber and Black amber . It is also listed as Extremely rare in that size.
Here is a link to an ebay auction with the smaller sized Appentine ..... It has a couple of repairs. http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Sample-Bitters_W0QQitemZ6208633672QQcategoryZ890QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Your bottle is scarcer than the one listed on ebay. I would like to see the coloration . Do you have a pic you can post ?
Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl