Help with old San Francisco soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dshaneb

Reaction score
Recently I bought a lot of bottles, and the one I'm wondering about is to your right as you look at the photo. Most of the other bottles are modern sodas, but this one appears to have the tooled area below the crown that obscures the top of the seam line, which was characteristic of turn of the century or before bottles. The glass has bubbles in it in various areas. The embossed, angled writing you can see just below the neck says "SCOTT & GILBERT CO." The embossed, angled writing at the base says "SAN FRANCISCO" and below that, not angled, is "U.S.A." The seams run up the sides of the bottle just to the sides of the writing. There is an embossed ring below the "U.S.A." that runs around the bottle and has angled lines kind of like this \\ all the way around the bottle. The base has three, small embossed dots spaced equal distances from each other around the raised edge of the bottom. The raised edge surrounds a slightly lower, flat base. The center of the base has an embossed "341" over an "H". The bottle is amber and is 9 3/4 inches tall by 2 1/2 inches wide.

Any info or value would be appreciated.

Sorry, I don't have a digital camera yet, so this is my only picture with the bottle in it.

Thanks,
Shane

Fc90459.jpg

Tony14

Reaction score
I can give you a rough pricing on the acls, but no the embossed ones.

1. Pioneer $15+
2. Crystal $10-$15
3. Frostie $5-$15 depending on city
4. Rodeo $10-$15

Those are the only ones that I can find prices for. Nice bottles.

dshaneb

Reaction score
Thanks for the prices Tony14, I just wish someone knew something about the San Francisco bottle. :) The Homeboy orange is a recent soda.

The Frostie's city that it was bottled in is Camden, N.J.

Thanks,
Shane

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers