help with some bottles please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
I went digging for awhile today and came home with a lot of bottles, here are some omy more interesting finds any info on them would be much apprieciated, the small cobalt bottle still has a cork in it and is nearly full of liquid.If you need any specific pictures or close let me know and i will take and post them. Thanks.

Lj23383.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23383.jpg
    Lj23383.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 55

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
heres a pic of everything i found today

Gd93697.jpg

Attachments

• Gd93697.jpg
    Gd93697.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 53

medbottle

Reaction score
Hello. I can tell you what some of the bottles are, based on the shape, but I can't provide any specifics. In the first picture, back row from right to left: whiskey, ammonia, medicine, olive jar. The remainder of the clear bottles in the photo also appear to be generic drug store and medicine bottles. The small aqua bottle looks like a three-in-one oil...is it embossed on the sides? The cobalt blue with ridges probably held something of the "external use only" variety, such as a topical disinfectant. (mecurochrome or merthiolate) The clear (?) liquid inside MAY be water that seeped through the cork over the years, but don't take any chances.

Its hard to tell about some of the bottles in the larger picture. Can you give us a close-up of the amber one, first from the left, in front of the lamp? There is also an odd looking one just to the left of the olive jar.

Hope this helps. If any of this generates more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, here is a close up of the amber one, it says pabst millwaukee on it, the aqua bottle is embossed with three in one on the sides.

Zx71784.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71784.jpg
    Zx71784.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 56

jejbottles

Reaction score
It looks like a lot of the bottles you found are unembossed cork top medicine or prescription bottles. These bottles would have originally had some sort of lable. These are probably not worth much more than a dollar or two each. The cobalt and amber ones may be worth a little more. The amber Pabst bottle is a beer bottle that is probably worth somewhere between 5-10 dollars. This bottle was probably from the early 1900's, just my guess. I hope that this information will help. Good luck in your future digging and have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1