Help with some more bottles please (pictures)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
I went digging a little again toaday, couldnt dig a lot because it was cold and snowing [:(] but this is what i found any info on them would be great.The one all the way on the left says atwoods jaundice bitters formerly made by moses atwood georgetown mass. The one next to that has pertussin down each side.The two small ones on the right just symbols on the front (see pics) and the two big ones on the right say west end brewing co. utica NY contents 14 oz. thanks for any info

Us54573.jpg

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
Also the three in the middle (two big and one small) Have a "scaly" design on them heres o close up picture...

Gd93710.jpg

Attachments

• Gd93710.jpg
    Gd93710.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 71

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi Junkortreasure,

I'll take a stab at these. I believe the 3 larger ones in the back may be ammonia or vinegar bottles, the west end bottles appear to be a beer, i see an ink, maybe a shoe blackening, and possibly a couple little medicines or perfume's. For the most part appear to be 1930's or 40's to me, although the ink and Atwoods may be older. Check your mold lines on each bottle to see if they come up over the top of the lip. If they stop below the lip, most likely turn of the century. Are you digging a dump? If so, i'd go a few feet deeper and see what you might find.

The snows no fun to dig in, but hey, at least there isnt any deer flies and mosquito's eating you alive all day! LOL

Hope this help you a little anyway,
Richie[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973