Here's a digging story for you all

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

snake oil

Reaction score
First let me say , I'm employled in the field of residential concrete construction , and sometimes we find old bottles , most are broken , and most are TCJ (twentieth century "junk") . Anyway's , a few years ago we came to this site to prep the basement for the concrete floor . The first thing I noticed was lots of broken bottles in a pile of debris . I went over and inspected the shards and found most of them to be ABM pre-prohibition beer bottles along with some pre-ABM stuff . The foundation had not been backfilled yet so we had to walk between the foundation and the bank of the excavation to get into the basement . As I walked I saw numerous broken old bottles in the bank of the excavation , until I came upon one that wasn't broken . The bottom of what appeared to be some kind of pre-ABM soda bottle was in the bank , the loader bucket had just barely missed it when they dug the hole . An identical bottle next to it wasn't as lucky , and had been sheared in half . Since I was being paid to do a job , not dig bottles , I had to wait til lunch to dig the bottle out (the dirt was packed in hard around the bottle). The bottle turned out to be a straight sided Coke , in aqua blue , with Coca Cola in script at the bottom , and Baltimore Md. on the other side . The only damage is a very small scratch under the "C" in cola at the bottom (not bad at all , considering the circumstances) . This is the best bottle I've found , so far , and is my favorite . I also got about a case of pre- prohibition , unbroken , Baltimore beer bottles at that job .

snake oil

Reaction score
That is a cool looking bottle , Joao ! What was in it , snake oil maybe ? [:D][;)]

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter