Here's the Rarest Poison I have dug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
The KU-8s are very nice bottles and are very hard to find. And for $400 (if not damaged) is a steal. If I saw one at that price at a show (and had the money) I would scarf it right up.

privvydigger

Reaction score
does that poison have a smile on its face digger mcdirt.
400 is a good price I'd be wishing for one
I really don't collect poisons usually trade or give to female homeowners for permissions. They love em. Sometimes a Lattice poison gets us a good pit sometimes an empty one. But the buzz they spread to their friends usually makes up for it. I saw a women in the supermarket not to long ago I gave poisons to and some other nice kinda common colorfuls ones...she's there I love my bottles I'm trying to get my friends to let you dig....
One thing is the cobalt gets the blood moving when you first see it

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I dug this large amber poison bottle (about 10 inches tall) and the cool thing is that one of the panels has the letter "N" spelled bacwards. Anyone know how common this bottle is? Its BIMAL and glass is pretty thin.

0B04AD9F85F3406EB9555AECEB8BA99B.jpg

Attachments

• 0B04AD9F85F3406EB9555AECEB8BA99B.jpg
    0B04AD9F85F3406EB9555AECEB8BA99B.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 74

Poison_Us

Reaction score
It's considered scarce. Price: $300. It's a KV-2. It only comes in that size. I reference it in my KV-1 writeup.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-259585/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#259585

Lucky dog. We dont have one of these yet. And every time someone posts in this thread, it teases me with that KU-8 at the top, and the KR-6 below it. Both of which we need...

I will be updating the KV-1 list when it is updated from the source.

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
Wow.......thanks for the information. I didnt know 1/2 of the information you provided. I am bummed that the N is found backwards in this certain bottle on all of them but nice to know it is a bit harder to find. I simply thought it was just a larger version of the more common one. I would love to get it tumbled as it is a bit stained and the glass is somewhat "sick" but afraid that it would break because it is so thin. By the way, you have a great collection!! Are all of those poisons on those links yours? Super display!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Jerry, You asked about how this reverse N happened. I decided to post this explantion here, because I am working on a blog for my homepage, that should include some pictures of the chisels used to cut the embossed letters and images into the cavities of bottle molds.
The thing you have to realize is that when you look at the letters cut in the mold cavity iron - they are reverse to what you see on the glass bottle. In the process of laying out where the words go in a new mold, the mold maker will often paint the cavity iron with a water soluble paint and then measure and layout where the letters need to go to make the image look right on the glass. Some times they would also pencil in the outline of the letters or at least the spacing. Then using their hammer and chisel they would have-a-it and chip out the channel for the letter. If he depended on his logic only on the letter - he would too often cut the S, N, and others the way his mind creates them rather than in reverse as they need to be.
So that is how it happened. I have collected a lot of examples. I even have a fairly rare special Coca Cola with three N's backwards. It was obviously a special run sample mold where the letters were made backwards.
Enjoy this Forum - I do. RED Matthews

Poison_Us

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlechaser62

Wow.......thanks for the information. I didnt know 1/2 of the information you provided. I am bummed that the N is found backwards in this certain bottle on all of them but nice to know it is a bit harder to find. I simply thought it was just a larger version of the more common one. I would love to get it tumbled as it is a bit stained and the glass is somewhat "sick" but afraid that it would break because it is so thin. By the way, you have a great collection!! Are all of those poisons on those links yours? Super display!

Thank you. And yes, all the bottles in the Gallery area on Poisonous Addiction are ours. We put a lot into this collection in a very short amount of time. We recently bought a 2nd curio cabinet to place them all to free up the shelf in the china hutch, but that didnt work. Now we are out of wall space for cabinets so we will still dump more bottles into the china hutch. So much for that idea....

beendiggin

Reaction score
I dug this when I first started digging over 25 years ago. I understand through my research that it's a Danish poison which contained salmonella as it's main ingredient. It has 1000 embossed on the base...assuming it is 1000 millileters. I have only seen one other large size (on E-bay), but I have owned two other much smaller sizes, one in deep green and the other in a smokey blue green. Those smaller bottles I bought and sold back then, as I started focusing on collecting only my dug bottles. I'd love to get your opinion on this bottle. The research I 've done suggested that this was such a popular and worldwide distributed product for rat killing, that it was eventually considered to be the main cause for the worldwide spread of salmonella we have today. I thought there would be more around if it was so popular. What do you think?

D191E953A7F64C909681BFD3231287CF.jpg

Attachments

• D191E953A7F64C909681BFD3231287CF.jpg
    D191E953A7F64C909681BFD3231287CF.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 77

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Very pretty! I cant find this bottle in any of my books. There is one with RATIN embossed around the top, just below the shoulder, but not down the bottle like this. I know I have seen this before...but I couldn't even put a price on it. Love that chiseled, roman font they used.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator