Hey guys, any body ever seen this iron pontiled barrel shaped beer or brewery bottle from Belleville Illinois? Can only find reference to the brewery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Johnny M

Reaction score
hemihampon;
Thanks for posting that link. I had been meaning to look for that but had forgotten.

Johnny M;
Congratulations!!!
Sometimes it pays to look through those boxes and know what you are looking at.
Nice job.

Roy
Thanks! I'm so glad it has found the proper home. Just got back from vacation and appreciate all the feedback. I just got lucky. I guess some box lots can produce if they were stockpiled by inexperienced or other types of gatherers who have no real interest in what they found. Johnny M.

Reactions: Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
hemihampon;
Thanks for posting that link. I had been meaning to look for that but had forgotten.

Johnny M;
Congratulations!!!
Sometimes it pays to look through those boxes and know what you are looking at.
Nice job.

Roy

I forgot about it also & stumbled across it accidently. The Link didn't work as I expected so adding 2 pics here. LEON.

P.S. If you left double click your mouse on pic it will supersize bigger.

Heberer.JPG
Heberer2.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm so glad it has found the proper home. Just got back from vacation and appreciate all the feedback. I just got lucky. I guess some box lots can produce if they were stockpiled by inexperienced or other types of gatherers who have no real interest in what they found. Johnny M.

I'm surprised the Auction House gave it such a low estimate of $800-$1,200. Heck I would of paid that myself & I'm sure many others would. the $3500 does not surprise me & what I expected about what it would get considering you'll rarely find any Brewery Beer Bottles Pontiled from 1850's or early 1860's. even later 1860's non pontiled rare to find. Congrats. Leon.
MonopolyMoneyMan2.jpg
MONOPOLYmoneyman.jpg

Johnny M

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Auction House gave it such a low estimate of $800-$1,200. Heck I would of paid that myself & I'm sure many others would. the $3500 does not surprise me & what I expected about what it would get considering you'll rarely find any Brewery Beer Bottles Pontiled from 1850's or early 1860's. even later 1860's non pontiled rare to find. Congrats. Leon.
View attachment 249392View attachment 249393
Thanks. I find sometimes the estimates are more conservative than the market seems to be demonstrating on rare stuff. Bottles are strong that's for sure. So much rare stuff is now generally only offered through the auction houses now so when a real eye opener pops people dig deep to grab something you thought you'd never see and may not again. I have dropped big bucks on some pickles because I want the bottle more than the money. Money comes and goes but having a killer bottle in your chosen specialty category is a rush that keeps on giving.That bottle was a real rarity in great shape with a researchable history. Glad I found and offered it to the fraternity of collectors whom covet rare early brewery bottles and build collections that honor that genre of historical bottles. Johnny M.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen