Hi all

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ed

Reaction score
I have been reading until I am crossed eyed. I have been walking and running and digging and digging for a while now. I love the hunt. I am going to get me one of those probes. Biggest question I see is where to dig? You all forgot one anwser being a little lucky helps too. I was metal detecting with a cousin who wanted to go with me. It was a old farm I have found all kind of goodies at. I can dated it back to 1890-1912 for a railroad tag I had found and took it to Pittsburgh ,PA Heniz museum and asked them . Of coarse I wanted the place to be older. I was tired of digging so I give the metal detector to my cousin. I was walking around looking for something new to pick up and the ground moved under my feet. I stopped and looked at my feet and wonder want was going on. I moved up and down and sure enough the ground was moving. There were no signs of a hole or tree stump. I bent down and moved the leaves. And there they were old bottles laying in a little dip in the ground. Alot were broken but I did get some that I didn't have. all cork bottles I don't know how old they are. Every time I think about it I smile. No shovel , no digging tools , no probe , no metal detector, nothing but a ,,,,,,,,,,,,little luck ....... Nice forum everyone and good hunting. Ed

IRISH

Reaction score
G'day and welcome Ed,
Any chance of a photo of your finds ? sounds good and that sure beats probing all day for a hole [:D] .

Ed

Reaction score
Yes Irish I can post a few pictures. If I can get the picture to go small in paint. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I did read the post about it. But it is not getting thru. I will try some more. I am not to good on this thing. I get mad and have to cool down. I just did my frist Libray research. It is a small town. Nothing ever changes in it. Seen pictures from 1910. lol nothing has changed. O maybe moving the horses to out side of town. The lady in the libray,,,, she was glad to help with maps and some books to take home. She told of a few dumps. And where she ha lived, she said ther ewas a dump right outside behind the outhouse. the house is one of the oldest. Small town,,, getting permission shouldn't be any trouble. It is rainy today good time to sit and read this evening. O and I sent for a probe from jaken. Changed the batteris in the metal detector. all ready to go. boy o boy it don't get much better. lol I will post some later I never sell any thing I find. I even got the first spot of dust I seen,, and said I think it is old dust. But something has to happen. Things got to be moved to make room for more. You can't keep everything. Maybe the wife will leave me and I can put my stuff where ever I want . 31 years fat chance in that. Ed

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles