High Priced Lightning HG

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage
A simple email to the seller made her realize she typed the wrong amount into the price box, she sent me this and fixed the issue...

Well, maybe,,,,, a little. $40 for 10 BPM is still $4 each which is 4 times (or more) what they are worth as collectibles unless there is something WAY unusual about them. At least now it's not ridiculous.

deenodean

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

ORIGINAL: LegalQueen

It's like Botlguy said, it's the stupid factor. But if you want a good laugh, here's some other ridiculous posts I found on ebay this morning

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-BALL-PERFECT-MASON-BLUE-CANNING-JARS-QUARTS-/370921123028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565c9f2cd4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Mason-s-Cross-Patent-Nov-30th-1858-Citron-Half-Gallon-Fruit-Jar-/390679152980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af64ac954

That second one has been on there every week for over a month, the bid keeps coming down about $25 each time
A simple email to the seller made her realize she typed the wrong amount into the price box, she sent me this and fixed the issue...

Dear epackage02,

HAHAHA... oh my gosh... Thank you... People must have thought I was crazy,.,.made me laugh... thanks for bringing it to my attention.,. I would like to think I would have noticed it eventually.. but..... hahaha

- hounds3

I checked out her other items and realized it was a simple mistake, all her stuff is priced normally...

She might need another reminder..as of right NOW she has not readjusted the price !!! [:'(] Perhaps if she gets a flurry of emails from all of us here she might lower it to $299.99 [:D]

botlguy

Reaction score
She might need another reminder..as of right NOW she has not readjusted the price !!! [:'(] Perhaps if she gets a flurry of emails from all of us here she might lower it to $299.99 [:D]
[/quote]

The LIGHTNING is by a different seller! This has gotten confusing with others jumping the thread. I've been scolded for that.[:(]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Maybe someone can start an ongoing thread like the two word game, call it the "stupid people on ebay but it's really none of my business" thread. I can name 10 separate ones off the top of my head... but I won't.

deenodean

Reaction score
I sent The $300.00 Lightning jar seller a note 3 days ago informing her that this jar was not rare and only worth about $5-10 with the wrong lid. No response and no price change yet.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter