Highest youve paid for a bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Well said for sure... Not really much to add as I agree with Mike's view completely. We're all at different levels of collecting. Alot of the veteran collectors told me when I first got into this hobby, kid buy the best you can afford but don't put yourself in a bind. Pretty much the same think Mike stated, and to this day I still feel is great advice.

I'd say buy what you like, and enjoy what you have. No matter at what point you are at. It's a great hobby and I have met some fine folks that has become really good friends in it. Some have helped me get bottles I have been wanting and i've tried to help others the same way. I've spent some serious cash on some of my collection, but I was able to do it and have enjoyed the bottles i've purchased. I just wish I was in an area where there was more pontiled bottles! [;)]

All the best,
~Tim

LtlBtl

Reaction score
I may have spent 70 or 80 on a bottle once. I have my own way of building a collection and that is by attrition. I buy collections/lots, (try to) sell off all I don't want, like or need. I keep the best and actually get paid to do it. I'd never spend what some of them would sell for. I like looking at one of favorites and saying I made money to keep you.

LC

Reaction score
I have bought quite a few bottles over the years , I got into buying and selling anything from A to Z years ago , and the money I made off of selling things I would support my habits with. I collected probably seven or eight different catagories of collectables . Now that I think of it , I have little or none of my own money tied up in any of the bottles I have purchased over the years or any of the other things I have collected . Anyone interested in buying a 125 piece collection of vintage metal lunch boxes , I have these for sale as well as many other collectable items LOL .

Nickybottlz

Reaction score
Being the Baltimore President,, I think all my members can agree I'm a cheap SOB,, I think my highest was 25.00 bucks for a Burtonsville MD Seibel's Milk Pint... I'm sure the guy wanted 40 for it and then I can along,,,,I did pay 35 bucks for a GBS printed beer case,, but it was filled with 24 12 oz Lord Baltimore sodas,,I'm sue he wanted 50........

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

What motto?[:)]
[;)] I like the part about guns making all men equal, but it is a little innacurate, only makes ya equal ifn ya can actually hit somethin when ya shoot at it, which I am sad to say, many cannot!!!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I don't really buy bottles. I can't even remember buying one, except maybe a few dollars for a couple at a flea market years ago. I only have a few worth selling, as well. It's about buying what you love, that fits into your budget. I could spend a good amount on some bottles I really loved, if I had the money. I like a lot of bottles that are not worth a lot, monetarily. Ahem, until I look at something like the Glassworks auction catalog! [;)]

The best part for me is finding or digging a bottle that is really crude, old or cool-looking. I wouldn't get that same thrill buying a bottle. It would still be fun, though.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Next time you buy a piece for your collection, please consider making a donation to the forum and/or an organization such as this one.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1