Highest youve paid for a bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

[:mad:] Geez looks like a child molester or other type of pervert van, Stay away kids the driver of this thing is dangerous........

Pedobear

pedobear_EPIC_motis_part3_Pedobear_Time-s470x376-48354-580.jpg

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I paid $144 for an OHP Rose bitters bottle from RI, which can sell for up to $450. And two years back $164 for an iron pontiled 8" Davis Vegetable Pain Killer. I threw in a not very serious bid for the Davis and was surprised to get it for that much. They're up around $500 now, though my example is lacking the iron.
So I'm cheap even when it comes to expensive bottles [:D]

JustGlass

Reaction score
The most I have paid is $240.00 for a Keene Masonic flask. My collection is near if not over four hundred bottles. I have paid over two hundred on two bottles the Masonic and a Ravenna Travelers Flask. There are four in my collection that are just over one hundred and the rest are dug or under a hundred. I like high end bottles but I havn't been able to commit myself to them and probably never will. I guess it's because I collect other things to or maybe because Im just to darn cheap.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Can not recall the exact amount, but with in ten bucks 250 for a bottle, a sweet amber strap flask from the Central Rail Road Hotel in Manhattan and about 10x that for a script jug saying "Mother Loves You",which was dug locally.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i guess i spend about $125 bucks a week on bottles or something to do with them, digging supplies, bottles, ebay, trade cards and crocks. if its not one thing its another.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Where has the Cord been lately? Heard from him a while back, hope he is doing well. I love his posts, again - he should be teaching at Columbia. I started my grad school work there and dropped out. Maybe if he would have been there...???

PD

glass man

Reaction score
Years a go when we had stuff called money...I won a teal green Buffalo Lithia water from Glass works auctions for $350.00 JAMIE

mtnman1107

Reaction score
Since collecting and starting about 15 years ago with my dad, I can happily say I have yet to spend any money on a bottle aside from gas and time [:)] Collecting anything from old milk man carriers, to inks, perfumes and sodas, time and gas probably close to a grand but monitarily ZERO!!! [:D]

LC

Reaction score
The most I ever spent on a bottle was $200.00 . It was a Caspers cobalt whiskey . I thought I just had to have one for about twenty years , and finally came across a mint version and I bought it . A year later I found another mint Caspers for thirty bucks in an out of the way shop , talk about being shocked . So I sold one of them to a doctor for three hundred . About another year later I bought a dug four cities Caspers for eighty five dollars , so I guess I have nothing in it being I made a hundred off one of the others . I found another one that a guy had that wanted four hundred for but passed on it . Seemed kind of strange , I looked for one for a good twenty years before finding one , and over the following two year period I found three more . One just never knows I guess .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter