History & Loss...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
In my search for antique bottles & crockery, I sometimes discover relics from the logging industry that flourished from the 1850's thru till the early 40's - the item in the 1st video was called a "Peavey" and was used to roll & maneuver logs that were placed in rivers for transit to sawmills downstream. Too many men lost their lives trying to free up jammed logs that would pile up during the spring log runs. Many of these sites were so remote that the victims were often buried along the shoreline, near to where they perished. I also find the results of boater misfortune, such as the sunken Suzuki in the video - folks need to insure those transom clamps stay tight! This site was a bit lean for glass - just the pint bottle & another good ol' pickle bottle!

Attachments

• Crown top pint & Pickle Jar.jpg
    Crown top pint & Pickle Jar.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 84
  • Peavey-in-action.jpg
    Peavey-in-action.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I wish I didn't have ear problems when diving!

Surrounded by water, and I'm stuck on shore with my dick in my hand..

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That J.D. Brown is a beauty! Is that an applied lip?
Indeed it is. So far I have the JD Brown Blob-Top quart, JD Crown-Top quart, the Dugald Brown Hutch and the pint, but the gravitator still eludes me.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
What were the problems with your ears?
As a baby/small child I had serious ear issues and had tubes.
Even after all these years, I cannot regulate pressure or properly clear my ears when diving (I'VE TRIED!)

10' is not pleasant
12' is seriously uncomfortable
15' and beyond is unbearable

moodorf

Reaction score
Is that pickle jar a Cannington Shaw & Co jar? Me and Underminer have dug those. They're neat, like late 1870's to mid 1880's/early 1890's if I recall correctly

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Is that pickle jar a Cannington Shaw & Co jar? Me and Underminer have dug those. They're neat, like late 1870's to mid 1880's/early 1890's if I recall correctly
Not sure, as there is no vertical embossing; however, the base shows the letter "T" with the letter "X" stamped over the middle of the stem of the T.
There is also the numbers "412" stamped on the base ( I couldn't get a clear pic of these base stampings ).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen