History of Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ConsDigginVids

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this year i have to write my junior paper for high school and of coarse i decided to write about bottles.
I am going to start from where they originated from and then stop about the 1970s. I do not know everything about them so i need some experts from the forum =) I need your help with additional information. So you guys tell me all you know about bottles! Thanks alot if you reply tho this it will help me out alot!!!

ktbi

Reaction score
Hi ConsDigginVids - Here is a link to an article about the current state of the Bottle Collecting Hobby. Hope it helps and good luck on the report....Ron

http://americanbottle.com/blog/?p=331

BillinMo

Reaction score
A couple questions --

Is this for an English class, history class, or something else? The approach might change depending on what subject you're discussing.

Also, how long is the paper supposed to be? History of bottles from antiquity to the 1970s might be too broad for 5-10 pages. Maybe you could focus on one particular type of bottle, or bottle production in a certain area, or perhaps several developments that changed the glass making industry.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have found its better to start with a precise limited topic and expand if nessisary rather than to start with a very broad topic and then try to pare it down.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Whatever you end up writing about, don't copy anything letter for letter from this forum.. I'm not worried about plagiarism, but you'll get flunked for spelling and grammar for sure..[;)]

If you have a favorite type of bottle, you might want to focus on the history of that particular type.. unless there's a 10,00 page minimum requirement..

Reaction score
Hi Connor. I think that you should focus on the history of bottles from 1600 to today.

The first glasshouse in the United States began operation in Jamestown, VA in 1608. The bottle opener was invented in 1738. The first crown top was invented by William Painter in 1892.

That's just some random info that you can use and you can do more research on it over the internet but make sure to cite the sources! Good luck and I hoped this helped!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Rosenberry,

You could keep it local, and do the history of brewing in Franklin County. You'd likely have better research materials close at hand. If you have beer bottles from the area, you're part way done already, otherwise, start diggin...

ManRay-Les-Champs-delicieux-1-1922.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday