Hobbleskirt Cokes with Bottler's City

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Folks -

For my book I'm working on I have a brief section on dating hobbleskirt Coca Cola bottles. I've just noticed though that I have no info on the approximate date when bottlers no longer had their city/town embossed on the base of the bottle. I know that that was not done from 1955-63 but when did it end for good? I'm guessing it was probably in the mid to late 1960s. Can anyone give me a better idea when that practice stopped?

Thanks - Sam

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi to the best of my knowledge they never quit until the very end. I have 10oz and 16.9 oz from the 70s 80s with the towns on the bottom.
Robert
BARQS19

digdug

Reaction score
What is your book about? Will it cover other bottles beside the hobbleskirt? And-how soon will it be available? There aren't many newer bottle books being published, that I can find. We need more books.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
The book I'm working on covers just Maine bottlers and their bottles from 1860-1980. It deals with beer, spring water and soda bottlers from that time span, stoneware bottles through ACLs. I hope to have it done by April of this year. Then I can focus on my other project, a book on BIM medicinal bottles form Maine.

-Sam

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles