HOLIHAN BREWERS beer - looks older too me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

batfish

Reaction score
I was hoping that this bottle was pre-1900 - but if I look very carefully (and am honest with myself) I can see the mold seam extending through the lip of the bottle (see attached image #2. Still, this bottle looks old to me - very bubbly, wavy glass, etc.

The bottle has a stylized HB on the front. Around the bottom is embossed 'HOLIHAN BROS LAWRENCE' with the word 'BREWERS' at the center.

Any information (especially age) would be appreciated!

batfish

Reaction score
bottle pic

Pn36786.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36786.jpg
    Pn36786.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 97

batfish

Reaction score
Here's the lip - picture is reduced, but I think the mold seam (if that's what it is) shows up.

Sq47534.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
I don't know the company but the bottle looks like 1910's to 20's vintage, if you can post a photo it may narrow it down a bit, nice looking crown seal.

batfish

Reaction score
Thanks Irish,

Did you see the first pic (of the whole bottle)? Is there some other angle that would allow you to get a better feel for the bottle? Anyway, I had thought the the bottle was older because of the quantity of air bubbles trapped in the glass and because the base was uneven and imperfect. For some reason, I have always associated wavy, bubbly glass with old (perhaps due to the windows of my former house - an 1874 villager with original 6 over 6 windows).

Does glass imperfection imply anything about the age?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93