HONEY HOLE#1

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Finally got to go to the honey hole again. I'd say it had been about 2-3 months. Brought along an old schoolmate who is really into detecting. He had been begging me to take him dump digging, and Saturday I got the chance. After a late start, 1PM, we headed to the dump. Got there about 1:30. Gave him some pointers on where to start and what to look for and away he went. By the way, forgot the camera and was pretty ticked. We each dug in our seperate holes till about 5:00PM and called it quits. Talk about beginners luck. He found 6 clay marbles(1-bennington), an absolute beautiful 5" kewpie doll, 2 matching doll legs(white socks black shoes), a monkey or demon figure(still too dirty to tell), assorted tops and fruit jar lids, and a few nice bottles. A Harmony of Boston Rexall drugstore type bottle. I will try to get a pic of his finds soon. Here are pics of my finds after I made it home. The two Dallas Creamers are damaged. He found a perfect one. 3-DIOXYGEN - OAKLAND CHEMICAL, big DURKEE's with the glove in slugplate, honey amber whiskey flask, citron colored unembossed food, yacht club salad dressing, pottery pot missing spout, pottery vase decorated, 2- Sauer's Extracts, a Souder's Extract Dayton OH., a Chamberlain's Remedy bottle, small SCHRAM'S AUTOMATIC SEALER fruit jar, a KENDALL SPAVIN'S CURE amber 12-sided, cool shaped food or hair tonic, a VAN DUZER NEW YORK, PRICE'S EXTRACT, a LAVORIS, 2 unembossed mini whiskeys, a nice cut or pattern glass bottle, a RICHARD HUDNUT MARVELOUS COLD CREAM, a cobalt unembossed, and a MURINE EYE REMEDY vial. Also assorted tops(1- LEA & PERRINS), 3 shotgun shells, a cool spoon, neat metal object, part of a cap pistol, and my favorite, a latticino swirl marble. I had a couple of dolls and a lion figure, but I lost them in a cave-in when I was checking his finds. Next time I will set my finds farther away from my hole. I will clean them up and post pics.

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Here are some pics. of my finds.

Jh15827.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15827.jpg
    Jh15827.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 81

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
All of these bottles are blown in mold circa 1890-1910, with the exception of a few, the Schram Jar, Lavoris, and I believe the Durkee.

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
I would quess the tapered 2 ring bottle to be a labeled only hair product or shampoo bottle. It also could be a food product. The slippers are my daughter's. I thought they were out of the picture. Hey canadianboy, have you been back to your honey hole dump lately?

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey BOTLDGRO3 nice finds .id check that marbel out good seems ive seen that one before at a pretty hefty price . it looks german.well good luck diggen bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator