Hooflands Balsamic Codial Open pontil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tfredrich

Reaction score
Can someone help me with the age and value of this bottle.It came out with some other early patent medicines yesterday.You have got to see the pontil scar!It literally sticks out like a half an inch from the deep depressed bottom.The bottle sits crooked due to this!Huge jagged ring of glass!Thanks for any help you may have.
Tom

tfredrich

Reaction score
Another pic of bottle.I am sorry it reads Cordial on the bottle.

Bz78592.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

tfredrich

Reaction score
A pic of the pontil scar which stinks but I couldn't get a great photo out behind the house.You'll get the idea though.
thanks!

Ro42019.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Ro42019.jpg
    Ro42019.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 61

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
GREAT pontil on that Med !
I would say ca. 1850 on your Med....I believe Hoofland's has been in use since 1842 .
And C.M. Jackson's Dr.Hoofland's was well known for there German Bitters. I don't know the current value....as yours looks like it's in dug condition and the examples selling at auction were in perfect condition. Here's a few selling at Public Auction in the Auction report. 12/90 HR Aqua , 6 3/4" high , Open pontil , Square collar lip , Perfect ...... $104.50
08/92 WA Aqua , 6 3/4" high , Open pontil , Applied mouth , Perfect ...... $ 187.00
Great bottle and thanks for sharing your pics with us !
Hope this info helps , Brian

tfredrich

Reaction score
RE: Hooflands Balsamic Cordial mis-spelled Philadelphia

It just dawned on me that Philadelphia is mis-spelled on this bottle.The second "L" is missing.In my array of resource books it does not show this in any listing.Is this unusual?
Thanks to those of you who responded.I plan to sell this bottle and wanted to know a ballpark figure as far as age and value.
Thanks again!
Merry Christmas!

tfredrich

Reaction score
I just put this bottle up on Ebay if anyone wants to go after it.With the Mis-spelled Philadelphia it has got to be good!Thanks for all of your help.
TF

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583