hookers ink?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kastoo

Reaction score
In a book by Hugh Cleveland called Bottle Pricing Guide 2004 on page 215 is listed a sheared top 2" hookers ink for 18 - 20 dollars.

kastoo

Reaction score
You're right. I agree..that ink looks too cool not to be valuable. Someone will pipe up soon.

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey citydigger
Can't say as I know anything about the ink but it sure is a neat one . Looks English to me .I relize it was dug here but it looks alot like other one Ive seen from there. Sorry I can't tell ya anything about it .One things for sure is its and ink and most all have atleast some value.I would'nt give it away . Of course if I had it you wouldn't be able to pry it from my hands as that what I've decide to collect .I just don't know much about them yet. Thankls for sharing with use though and good luck diggen to ya.
bill

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
If it is English it's one I've never seen before, and a rare one worth a lot more than $15. But the glass looks American to me, and the lip is not very English looking, unless it's ground down to take a metal lid.

I'd go for American. But only because I don't think it's English! [:D]

Nice bottle!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That's an interesting one... been looking at it. The ground lip is a bit odd.
I'm certainly not an ink expert. I would try contacting someone like Ed Faulkner.
http://home.comcast.net/~edandlucy1/

Does it say HOOKER'S INK or just HOOKER'S?
It may not be relavant but Hooker's was a popular color green used for watercolors in the 19th century.

--matt knapp

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles