Hope this is suitably Hostoric?...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Sorry, have I posted this in the wrong place?
Not sure of the etiquette as a newcomer here of course, and don't know about this "website" mentioned, if anyone can edify me?
Will keep to pontils only section in future.

earlyglass

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's fine, don't worry about it. I'll delete you if I hate it, unless I have a horrible week but I like to keep things in perspective. Actually, I wont do that either. Anyplace is a good place for that.
Nothing can be a horrible as some people go through on a daily basis. Mine was just a "not so good" week and that's not bad.
Ignore the thing under my name too. Well for the most part.[:)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score

Its not a big deal. I think the way it was setup is any posts in this section would initiate an email to Mr Lindsey (or at least be directed to his attention).
I dont know if that is still the case. The point of the forum section isnt really all that clear in its description.
A couple forum sections operate uniquely. The SCAM and FRAUDs section is another one. It requires admin approval for its posts.

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: earlyglasscollector

This is I think the last sealed octagonal to pass through my hands last year, and still one of my favourites, love it's iridescence, and the provenance is perfect!

P1090246.jpg

earlyglass

Grreat seals, almighty!

Wonderful bottle, that, Mark. I'd not be insulted one bit, to see several more excellent photos, please. [8D]

Bath+England.jpg

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
here's an old photo I took at night in Bath ... many years ago.

F46CEDB2EFA344B3A8FA6EE693069DB1.jpg

Attachments

• F46CEDB2EFA344B3A8FA6EE693069DB1.jpg
    F46CEDB2EFA344B3A8FA6EE693069DB1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 132

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
...love the pics of Bath, very evocative and ....well historic...! It could easily be somewhere in Italy.
I find it fascinating though all the habits and procedures of 18th and 19thC ladies and gentlemen and their servants and carriages all going to Bath to take the waters.....

earlyglass
will see what else I can find seal wise....

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think the way it was setup is any posts in this section would initiate an email to Mr Lindsey (or at least be directed to his attention).
I dont know if that is still the case. The point of the forum section isnt really all that clear in its description. A couple forum sections operate uniquely. The SCAM and FRAUDs section is another one. It requires admin approval for its posts.
I'm not sure of the email thing but I think a simple title change may be in order. All of the other post sure can't be deleted. Steve has committed so much to it as have others. I also think the "suggest a website" was added after the start of this.
A total revamp is just kind of impracticable after 10+ years. Maybe even impossible without a huge amount of data loss.
Scams and frauds should be just... well, gone.
Only the creator can do that it it would sure be a lot of work. I know I don't have the permissions or really the inclination.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Earlyglass,
The bottle is so crazy crude that it looks like an artist rendering of what an old bottle would look like. Very neat.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
quote:

I think the way it was setup is any posts in this section would initiate an email to Mr Lindsey (or at least be directed to his attention).
I dont know if that is still the case. The point of the forum section isnt really all that clear in its description. A couple forum sections operate uniquely. The SCAM and FRAUDs section is another one. It requires admin approval for its posts. I'm not sure of the email thing but I think a simple title change may be in order. All of the other post sure can't be deleted. Steve has committed so much to it as have others. I also think the "suggest a website" was added after the start of this.
A total revamp is just kind of impracticable after 10+ years. Maybe even impossible without a huge amount of data loss.
Scams and frauds should be just... well, gone.
Only the creator can do that it it would sure be a lot of work. I know I don't have the permissions or really the inclination.

I'm not asking to change anything, I'm just trying to explain why things are what they are. It can be a bit mysterious for newer posters.
If you really want to change something, stop locking down post editing after five minutes. That's my biggest beef with the forum.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey