Horseshoe help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
I found this horseshoe metal detecting today and have never seen anything like this. I googled antique horseshoes, and saw one like this in a lot on Ebay and in a picture of a Rare Horseshoe stand at a show. That was all though. Anyone know how to date these or know the date of this specific one? Thanks for all the help. Ask for more pictures if you need them, but I won't be able to get them until later tomorrow.

003-28.jpg

Olrik

Reaction score
Well if you are referring to the fact that it is complete not just the HORSESHOE shape well i see them all the time still use some like that on the horse farm i work on.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Brandon,

It's an example of Corrective Shoes for Horses.

corrective_shoes.jpg

"What About Corrective Shoeing ?
Haven't farriers been solving lameness problems for centuries with corrective shoeing?

Yes, they have...

Corrective shoeing works when the lameness / limb interference / loss of performance is a result of mechanical imbalance. It works as an engineering device.

But..." From.

This was sometimes traumatic to young horses. They're mates would give them the big razzoo.

horselaugh.jpg

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. That link was intersting, Surf. I never knew that they did that, but now I do. [;)]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem