Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

How many versions are there.

jarsnstuff

Aug 28, 2004
California
Yes, zinc lid liners are made of milk glass. However the industry has referred to them as "porcelain" since the beginning. Therefore, I've always considered "milk glass" and "porcelain" to be interchangeable when referring to zinc lids.

I've seen zinc lid liners in milky aqua, amethyst, bluish and almost clear. I think it's just the milk glass mixing with whatever color was in a prior batch, so it's not intentional on the manufacturer's part. I have seen a few amber liners that always seem to have the same design in the center, sort of like the Tudor Rose rosette but not quite. I don't have an example, nor did I find one in a google search.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Ok sorry. I can’t find any images of colored ones besides milk colored
It is very sutle color in the milkglass liners not a bright blue or green or pink. Just a slight blue, green or pinkish tone. I just saw a lot of ten milkglass liners on Ebay with a blue one in the mix. Not hard to pick up if you know what your looking for. I will try to get a item number later tonight if i can.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Yes, zinc lid liners are made of milk glass. However the industry has referred to them as "porcelain" since the beginning. Therefore, I've always considered "milk glass" and "porcelain" to be interchangeable when referring to zinc lids.

I've seen zinc lid liners in milky aqua, amethyst, bluish and almost clear. I think it's just the milk glass mixing with whatever color was in a prior batch, so it's not intentional on the manufacturer's part. I have seen a few amber liners that always seem to have the same design in the center, sort of like the Tudor Rose rosette but not quite. I don't have an example, nor did I find one in a google search.
Exactly what I was trying to say. You have a better way with words.

RoyalRuby

Oct 5, 2019
Buckeye State

So, does this mean that the lid liners are made of glass or porcelain?

DlPsocialcirclega

Jul 26, 2020
I collect porcelain Ball lid tops because I know there are a bunch of different versions, and I was wondering how many versions there are in all if anybody knows. Sorry for the bad pictures they are hard to take good pictures of. The 3rd one has B72 on it and I was wondering what that meant
I've been digging up alot of those lids I don't collect them an have no plans for them. If you would like I will save them an mail them to you if you would like?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawnra