How much would you pay for this rogh olive green BIM?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunrunner

Reaction score
most glass bottles I have seen from China be for ww2 always looks crude to me. and with out any indication of maker or date on the bottle it would be hard to know the exact time it was made.

haide

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice,I think I should calm down and take a bigger picture of view first.

When you say "dig",you always mean dig out from the earth?not a metaphro?You know dig bottles from earth reminds me a imagery of some kind of old school video games,that is very interesting and romantic.I think most glass bottles on sell in China are not dug but handed down.The targets we really dig to are alway be porcelain and bronzeware and so on,and glass would be an accident,and could be very very ancient to thousand years.But then,I'm so far from digging,wish I could have a chance one day.

haide

Reaction score
There are many Chinese bottles embossed characters during ww2,it's a miserable time and also a integration time,Chinese bottles copied the western bottles in every aspects,and of course much cruder due to everything. I 'd like to upload some photos when I get one.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice,I think I should calm down and take a bigger picture of view first.

When you say "dig",you always mean dig out from the earth?not a metaphro?You know dig bottles from earth reminds me a imagery of some kind of old school video games,that is very interesting and romantic.I think most glass bottles on sell in China are not dug but handed down.The targets we really dig to are alway be porcelain and bronzeware and so on,and glass would be an accident,and could be very very ancient to thousand years.But then,I'm so far from digging,wish I could have a chance one day.

Yeah most bottles in the West are dug out of the ground, where they were dumped a hundred or so years ago. I don't dig all that much because I don't have a car, so I can't easily transport tools or get out into the countryside, but I still find them along the sides of rivers and in ravines and places where farms used to be a century ago or so. In Canada and the U.S. bottle digging became very popular in the 1970's, so most of the easy-to-find bottles are taken now, leaving only the ones buried deep in old garbage dumps or under buildings. But in China I would imagine that, if you have access to forests, there are very old bottles just laying around on top of the soil in some places. If you live in a large urban centre I would think it would be a lot more difficult, though. From what I've seen of Chinese cities, they tend to be a lot more built-up than Canadian cities, and there are probably a lot less forested areas in cities there than can be found here.

haide

Reaction score
I live in a small town here,though,small towns nowadays are more likely sub copies of urban,causing shrink of fields,not to mention the woods.As you know,too many built-up here,even there was some bottles lying somewhere,could be hardly survived.I did dig something in a forest several times years ago,some animal fossil around a cave.Next time I have chance to go into woods,I'm sure I’ll keep eyes open on every single glass-like refraction.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter