Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Howdy - Ginger Ale - no deposit no return bottle

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
found this on the weekend , there is a large flea market down south that they have twice a year . I walked around looking at things for a while and didn't really find much . only bought 2 bottles and this was one of them .

don't have anything similar and not that familiar with this bottle . it is a Canadian no deposit bottle as it has French and English embossed on the side ( no French on label ) , its a small 6 oz bottle . my guess is its from the mid to late 60's era .

for " Howdy " from seven up - dry ginger ale . I know there was a number of Howdy flavours , so not sure how popular the ginger ale was . I've found howdy cans from the 70's for - cream soda , root beer and orange .

DSC02083.jpgDSC02084.jpgDSC02085.jpg

Canadacan

Sep 21, 2014
British Columbia
Ginger ale seemed to be the less common flavor for Howdy, I've seen this bottle in root beer and orange, I have the can if anyone wishes to see.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Ginger ale seemed to be the less common flavor for Howdy, I've seen this bottle in root beer and orange, I have the can if anyone wishes to see.

it makes sense it be less common as there was already several more established ginger ale bottlers ( Canada dry and Schweppes ) and Howdy seems to be more known for flavoured pop like orange or root beer

I've found a couple howdy cans but none of them were in good condition but seems to have been a popular brand here

BillHaddo

Jan 17, 2018
Here's two bottles I have found. The white one has both English and French , so it is probably newer. 20190611_202332.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidden treasures