Huge Medicine Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Hi! My name is John, and I am new to this forum. Over the weekend, I saw a two foot tall (appromitely) bottle, described as an "old medicine bottle found in my neighbor's attic." It looks rather old, and is brown in color. It was going for $30.00. I live in a town with an old medical college, so I do not know if it is from there or not. I did not see any embossed words on it, and I forget to look at the bottom. Would it be a good purchase at this amount?
-John

woody

Reaction score
Being unembossed I doubt if it would be worth that much money.
I have one similar to what you describe that I dug years ago that may have come from a pharmacy/drugstore.

$30 seems way overpriced for that jar.

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum John! Did the bottle look like this one? This specimen is a blown in mold amber no embossing but is paper labeled front and back... What caught my eye was the label, Monarch manf. Co. Atlanta, Georgia. I paid a whopping 20 spot for this one at a flea mkt... Hope this helps ya.... Taz

Hf99461.jpg

JohnRoy

Reaction score
The one I am talking about is round, and dark amber in color. It is at least 2 feet tall, as well. I was thinking of buying it to have one heck of a "Piggy Bank" for the family. Once the money was deposited, it would be heck to get out, thus encouraging another way for us to save money! -John

JohnRoy

Reaction score
I like your jar, Taz. I am down from Atlanta, in Augusta, GA.

JohnRoy

Reaction score
No, I've got nothing of interest. I did have a couple of nice inkwells, but I sold them at a Flea Market before I discovered this forum. I have really become energized after discovering you guys...

John

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem