Human Flesh!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
These are from the same dump as the "swiz's diggin' finds" thread. I did a little better today. Still no Dr Kilmer Swamp Root bottle yet but I did get a few keepers. The first 3 bottles from left to right are all common corks. The largest has a small 4 embossed on it. Probably 4oz bottle. The fourth bottle is another "kimball bro's & co" "enosburgh falls vt". The 5th and 6th bottles are my favorite's. "KENDALL'S SPAVIN TREATMENT FOR HUMAN FLESH" both say "ENOSBURGH FALLS VT" on the bottom but one also says "MADE IN USA 2". The "MADE IN USA" bottle has a seam that goes all the way through the top. The other has a seam that stops just below the lip. The 7th bottle is another "KENDALL'S SPAVIN TREATMENT" Its a beautiful amber bottle with 2 large air bubbles almost bursting through the glass. It has an unfortunate bruise and crack on the neck. The 8th bottle is "DR. BAXTER'S MANDRAKE BITTERS LORD BRO'S PROPRIETORS BURLINGTON.VT.". The last bottle is a "R.V. PIERCE, M.D." "BUFFALO, N.Y." embossed on the sides and "13" on the bottom. So am I getting warmer? Anyone know aprox. values on any of these? Thanx for looking and if you want close ups just say so. Swiz

Bz76758.jpg

Attachments

• Bz76758.jpg
    Bz76758.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 65

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Great looking bunch! I had to go look up Spavin because I always thought it was something horses got (turns out its like osteoarthritis of the hock joint on the horse), so I wonder if Spavin treatment for human flesh was something people rubbed on their arthritis - sorry, no idea on the value, just enjoying looking at that nice collection.

swizzle

Reaction score
Today's finds, same dump. The crock is a glue together. 4 big pieces and I see I'm missing a small chip. The spitoon was a puzzlers nightmare. Thank goodness this glue peels off. When I find as much as I think I'll ever find of it I'll use a better pottery glue and take my time and glue it right. I just wanted to get an idea of how many pieces that I'm missing. I count at least 10. I really like the way it looks as far as shape and color goes. Can anyone give me a possible date on it? The bottle is I believe a liter bottle of "MOXIE NERVE FOOD LOWELL MASS PATENTED" Blob Top. On the seams of the bottle you can feel how the mold didn't line up right. Its also has a rough spot on the seam right below the top. A few nice stretched air bubbles and nice thick glass. Any info on the potential value of any of these would be appreciated. I know its not much but I sure have fun putting together the pieces of the past. Swiz

Ge95701.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95701.jpg
    Ge95701.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 65

swizzle

Reaction score
I'll post a pic of today's finds later. Here's what they are. First 2 bottles are "PISO'S CURE, FOR CONSUMPTION, HAZELTINE & Co". They are two slightly different sizes and one is a deeper aqua then then the other. Next is one of those $4,000 sprite bottles that I saw for sale on ebay. LMAO. There it was just laying on top of the ground staring at me. Next bottle has an unfortunate broken neck. I can't find any info on it at all. It's "LEVI PECKHAM'S TINCTURE OF LIFE", aqua blue and 7" tall. The last bottle is a "DRS S.S. FITCH & SON, 714 BROADWAY NEW YORK". I've found these bottles with a different address on them but none with this address. It also has a fancy "SSFS" embossed on the front. Any info would be great. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
Here's the pic. The 2 on the ends are the consumption bottles. The one filled with CLR is the "DRS S. S. FITCH" bottle and there's no mistaken my $4,000 sprite bottle in the middle. lol The one next to that is the "LEVI PECKHAM'S TINCTURE OF LIFE". Any info? Swiz

Ge95827.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95827.jpg
    Ge95827.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 54

swizzle

Reaction score
Same dump again today. This person obviously had lung problems. I'm only find bottles in small spread out pockets. It seems like I have a lot more digging to do but I'm finding less and less. In the pic is another piso's cure for consumption. It has a crack in the back corner that is almost hidden because of the corner. The other bottle is another one that I can't find anything on. Its embossed "VAN WERT CHEMICAL CO, DR VAN WERT'S BALSAM, WATERTOWN, N.Y." Any idea's guys? I also found a broken piece of pottery. I think its a ginger beer base. It is stamped "SANFORD & HOLDEN, ??LOUS STONE BOTTLES ??, J. BOURNE, PATENTEE, ?N?Y & CODNOR PARK PO?????, ?EA? DERBY" Any idea's or values would be appreciated. Thanx Swiz

Ay75320.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75320.jpg
    Ay75320.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 81

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member