HURRICANE IRENE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ratzilla

Reaction score
The dam in Mullica Hill actually held, I got the wheel from Seeley Lake (formerly) in Deerfield. I remember when Woodstown lake was empty, found a lot of good stuff digging right by the parking lot by the bridge - Salem squats and ponies, Warners, tons of common patent meds, but only one Woodstown blob, and it was broken - still, can't complain...I saw another guy dig a nice saratoga there, too.

kwalker

Reaction score
Wow really? I would have loved to have been there during that time. I can remember my dad taking me there and seeing lots of old looking pieces but never thought much about it. Now looking back I wish I did [:mad:] That whole area up to the railroad bridge is all mid to late 1800s housing so I'd imagine there's tons of stuff by the trestle and that side of the lake. Can remember the dam being empty for so long that a tree grew in the basin. Still there when you drive by. I would love to see some of the stuff you found during that time, maybe you can shoot me a PM?

PS sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread!

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Here's a couple I still have from Woodstown lake - the Robinson came from the parking lot spot I mentioned, the Amtman was sticking bottom up out of the mud up towards the railroad bridge...

D46AC81464AD483F94C37A3D30AD3AA7.jpg

Attachments

• D46AC81464AD483F94C37A3D30AD3AA7.jpg
    D46AC81464AD483F94C37A3D30AD3AA7.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 40

carobran

Reaction score
#1twin ,have you ever been to KOSCIUSKO,do you have any bottles from here?[:)]

kwalker

Reaction score
Sad part is I've dug pieces of both of those bottles. Have yet to find a whole one [&:] Maybe my first privy will have a boat load of these for me.

VTdigger

Reaction score
I can't wait for Irene, though I hope no one gets hurt or killed during the hurricane, I want it to come to wash up some more goodies along the rivers creeks and streams. It will be interesting to see whats unearthed once it dies down.

#1twin

Reaction score
Carobran, I've driven through, but never stopped in that town. All of my bottles are mostly from the coast from New Orleans to Mobile. I do have a few from Hattiesburg.
Did some digging in Natchez before also.

Hope to see all the good stuff the storm washes out for the East Coast diggers. Best of luck. Marvin

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26